Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
17,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freely adapted from a post I read on Quora (Chris Sche):
  1. A to B safely = 5* ALWAYS. Four-star ratings can get a driver deactivated, if everyone did it. Do NOT do this unless there was a significant issue with the ride.
  2. ALWAYS ask before eating, drinking, smoking, vaping, blasting loud music, making a phone call on speaker phone, etc. It is extremely rude and annoying. Don't be that person. Use commone courtesy and show some manners.
  3. Treat any car you are riding in with respect.
  4. Bring a car seat for your kids. (Be aware tat 0-8yrs old children are required to have a seat or booster in in most States and Canada. Besides, you are endangering your own kids if you fail to have proper child seats or boosters with you when you take a rideshare vehicle.)
  5. Reply when you are asked what your name is, and at the very least, say hello. Again - manners. You don't have to talk to your drivers, but at the very least acknowledge them as another human being.
  6. Do not ask your driver to speed or make illegal turns.
  7. There should never be more passengers in the vehicle than the available number of seatbelts. Safety is important.
  8. Never request a car if you are not ready to go at the pickup location. Most drivers are polite, and will wait at 12 cents per minute, but it is really rude to order a car and not be at the dropped pin. Consider in 2019 that most ride-hail cars are only a few minutes away, so be ready to go before opening the app and requesting a ride.
  9. If something bothers you, you need to let your driver know: Temperature, map directions, radio station/volume, smell, whatever. Most drivers are more than happy to make your trip comfortable. But if you say nothing and down-rate or report nonsense to get a free ride, you lack integrity as a passenger.
  10. Nobody wants to suffer through your odours. Breathe through your nose, wear deodorant, and wipe yourself off if you were sweating all day. If you were smoking, please finish and fully exhale before getting into the vehicle, some drivers have acute sensitivty to Cigarettes or Weed, be advised they may refuse the ride. Don't kick up a fuss if this is the case, as it is the drivers health and wellbeing.
  11. Do NOT put anything on the seats! Put it on the floor, in the trunk, or on your lap. Also, be mindful of destroying trunk liner, or mats with your luggage.
  12. Do NOT ask any driver to break the law.
  13. Please tip a little extra for any route inconveniences. If you take a driver out of the city or from a busy area and deep into the suburbs or the rural outskirts, most of the time the driver will be driving back the same distance and time with no passenger. If you stop at a convenience store and take longer than 2 minutes to be in and out. If you have a friend that is to be dropped off along the way. Et Cetera.
  14. Do NOT rush your driver with texts and phone calls "Where Are You?" sounds entitled, and rude, be it from a call or a text when driver is en route. Also, no back seat driving. Consider, that most drivers are contending with the complexities of driving in the modern world: oblivious pedestrians buried in their phones, hot shot cyclists weaving through cars, BMWs that do not signal, other drivers who do not use winter tires in cold climates). The driver will get you get there safely if you are not a further distraction.
  15. Most drivers do not have every possible route memorized and follow the turn by turn GPS. For 99% of trips, that is enough to get you there safely.
  16. Do not hold the driver accountable for other vehicles and other drivers behaving like lunatics. Understand the stress of driving in in the 21st century. If you arrive at your destination, and the driver was respectful, that is a 5 star trip. That is what you paid for, often at half the cost of a regular Taxi.
  17. Check your shoes before getting in and knock of any mud, slush, etc. It is not cool to bring unnecessary dirt/filth/water into the vehicle.
  18. Drivers are doing YOU a favour in exchange for a couple bucks. Treat it like that. Do not feel entitled. Both parties are getting a deal here.
  19. Always tip your driver, even if it is just $1. It is 2019 and Drivers make peanuts, and any little extra helps.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Good list. Unfortunately, trouble pax don’t care about etiquette. They want things done their way. If U/L enforcement of deactivation isn’t enough to deter them, then nothing will..

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The thing is if the driver gets deactivated the driver is done, if pax gets deactivated they create another account with another credit card and are back on the platform. The rating system is unfair and the pax should be made to identify themselves if they give a rating under 5*

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Is asking if they pay taxes bad?
"Those people that do not pay taxes...". LOL.

The pax should have to provide feedback for ratings less than 5*. And Uber should do like Lyft and default to 5* for rides where the pax doesn't provide a rating.
If they did this 1 change alone like Lyft has, my rating would already been 5 stars already after 2000 trips. LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
All 2* ratings are to be celebrated. They are elusive and rare birds.
Should I celebrate twice? I just got my 4 star yesterday and made me a 4.93 from the scheduled trip pax I posted on the advice forum.

IMG_467D8BFADB9A-1.jpeg

P.S. I know the back story for all those 1* I got :smiles:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts