Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone els having the same problem ? I still keep getting drunk Paxx that are getting away from putting the destination in. Those A holes haven't updated the app and like to play GPS game and get mad at me for making a wrong turn ... You chicky Fuc*s :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
The new game is that they put in a destination that is several miles away and once they get in, they have a little conversation about change of plans and they go less than 2 miles. Happened to me in Tempe late last night...those 2 miles though at least cost them $20 plus as it was a 5.0 surge ride. 2 AM last night and Tempe was total hell.

·
Premium Member
4,579 Posts
So what do they think they are gaining by entering an initial destination that is a much longer distance than their real destination? We don't see the trip details until arriving at the pickup location, so why...... ??

·
Registered
654 Posts
So what do they think they are gaining by entering an initial destination that is a much longer distance than their real destination?
When there is a surge, the passenger pays the multiplier for the entire trip. If their initial plan called for a 20 mile ride and the surge was 5X, then they pay the 5X for the entire ride. Some have learned that by changing their destination to a shorter ride that takes them out of the surge area they can then get request another ride for the remainder of the trip without surge.
A 20 mile trip at 5x would cost them around $110.00
If instead they just took a 2 mile ride getting them out of the surge, it would be $20.00, then they could order another for the remainder of the trip without a surge, that would cost about $21.00. Total trip now $41 rather than $110.
It has nothing to do with what driver sees.

·
Premium Member
4,579 Posts
Got it, thanks.

Been driving about a month, no surge $$ for me so far. But then I drive pretty much daytime/weekday hours only, and not typically into Phoenix/Scottsdale areas.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
When there is a surge, the passenger pays the multiplier for the entire trip. If their initial plan called for a 20 mile ride and the surge was 5X, then they pay the 5X for the entire ride. Some have learned that by changing their destination to a shorter ride that takes them out of the surge area they can then get request another ride for the remainder of the trip without surge.
If instead they just took a 2 mile ride getting them out of the surge, it would be $20.00, then they could order another for the remainder of the trip without a surge, that would cost about $21.00. Total trip now $41 rather than $110.
Very smart and frugal riders do this. Can you really blame them? Same thing I would do if I didnt feel like waiting 5 whole minutes for surge to just be over with.

Its funny to me that arrogant drivers who feel they are entitled to $100 for a simple ride in their dirty clown car get upset about pax doing this when they themself would not want to pay more than base rate for the same exact ride. Like when i see drivers post on here or the SS Pulse app statements like "i was in the middle of a 4.6x surge zone and none of these cheap pax were requesting rides! I'M PISSED!" :rolleyes:

Can you really blame them?

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Shit I game the system too! It's rare that I am out but I'm not paying any surge pricing on a 30 mile trip!

Plus you can go back and collect more surge, if you pick them back up at reg rates that up to you! I would go offline and hurry back to the surge

·
Registered
226 Posts
Anyone els having the same problem ? I still keep getting drunk Paxx that are getting away from putting the destination in. Those A holes haven't updated the app and like to play GPS game and get mad at me for making a wrong turn ... You chicky Fuc*s :D
Cab drivers have "The Knowledge", we have boneheads....lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
Its funny to me that arrogant drivers who feel they are entitled to $100 for a simple ride in their dirty clown car get upset about pax doing this when they themself would not want to pay more than base rate for the same exact ride. Like when i see drivers post on here or the SS Pulse app statements like "i was in the middle of a 4.6x surge zone and none of these cheap pax were requesting rides! I'M PISSED!"
It's the same ones that think they are entitled to tips on every trip, but don't think twice about not dropping tips into all of the tip jars at their local establishments.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Just make sure you aren't the driver that gets the next ping from them. Watch your map and make sure it isn't them again. Or go offline and head back into the surge.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think the question was why put in a farther destination to begin with and then change it when they get in the car? They know there's a surge when they book the ride. Why not just put a 3 mile destination when they make the request?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think the question was why put in a farther destination to begin with and then change it when they get in the car? They know there's a surge when they book the ride. Why not just put a 3 mile destination when they make the request?
They probably do, then we don't hear about it. If they forget, or figure it out when discussing it among themselves after booking the longer ride, then they would change it during the trip.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Personally....I don't give a shit about the surge. If I get a surge call...great...super...thanks a bunch, but the reality is that I EXPECT normal rates and am thus...not disappointed. I have yet to chase a surge because surge areas are generally a giant pain in the dick to pick up in (OTS, Talking Stick, Mill) so why go through the aggravation? Like good karma...if it comes to you, great, if not be glad you don't actually get what you really deserve.

Tips? Nice to get, I don't expect them. BUT...what I have begun to do is flat out tell passengers, especially OTS ******bags, who want a drive thru or a beer stop that it is $20 cash UP FRONT for me to go through a drive thru and minimum $5 to stop at a store. Why? We get paid exactly shit to wait while they get last minute booze, and I am tired of the pigs making a mess of my VERY clean van. They want to stop....they need to pay...and this cures them REALLY quickly and I no longer have to deal with the aggravation. They want to 1-Star me? Big deal. They already got a 1-Star from me and a "My Passenger Was Rude" message to Uber.

Funny thing is that people fail to realize that YOU have the right to say NO. Yes, you can say NO. Not no, but HELL NO. YOU can end the trip at ANY time, tell them to GTFO and drive merrily away. They MUST exit the vehicle on your instruction to do so. YOU are the owner of YOUR vehicle. YOU are not an enslaved person, or contractually obligated to do ANYTHING but deliver them safely to their destination as long as they follow the rules of conduct, and then STILL you have the right to stop and toss them if you want to. You aren't OBLIGATED to stop for booze, do a drive thru, or perform multiple genuflections to plant a big fat smooch on the asses of people who treat you badly.

The ideal would be a rate hike to $1.50/mile for X with a $.50/min wait charge and $2.25/mile for XL same wait time and screw the surges.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts