Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Greetings all,
If you sign up with Partner People (PP) to handle your ride sharing income, you can actually end up with more in your pocket, even though we charge a fee.. Yeah I know, sounds like a scam right?!
Well it's not, and it's thanks to the differences in tax credits for car use between sole traders and employees...

For those who haven't heard about us
Partner People is an online payment processing service that originated with Uber,
but then evolved to accept payments from all ride-sharing facilitators (GoCatch, Hi-Oscar etc).
More Recently, we have expanded our services to other popular independent contractor workforces (i.e. tradies, personal trainers, beauty therapists etc).

How we work for you

When you register with us you become an employee of Partner People.
You drive, we'll do the paperwork.
All you need to do is direct your ride-sharing and other sources of revenue to PP.
We calculate and withhold GST, we calculate GST credits on the receipts submitted to us.
Receipts are processed using the Effective Salary Sacrifice method, meaning that they are deducted pre-payroll, which reduces your taxable income.
By becoming a PP employee, means you fall under our workcover and public liability policies.
We also contribute to your chosen superannuation fund, withhold PAYG income tax and issue payslips each week.

Whether you Uber full-time, as a second job or every now and then, when you sign up with Partner People, you can do it:

• Without an ABN
  • Without the stress of submitting BAS each quarter
  • Without worrying about tax liabilities
  • Without that shoebox full of receipts
Not convinced?
  • If you were to start contracting yourself out to do other work (trades, labouring, consulting, airtasking etc) then you can invoice your customers from our system. We'd cover your activity under our public liability policy for a rate far lower than what you'd be able to buy individually (Thanks to our partnership with the brokerage team at Marsh Advantage Insurance).
  • Use our service every week or once a year, there's no joining fee, lock in contracts or hidden fees. You pay per pay process. For example: if you choose to Uber for 51 weeks and the release all the payments on the 52nd week, the total you'd pay would be $15.
We're always on the look out for ways to take advantage of our buying power.
  • You can talk to our team about all of your insurance needs, where you'll enjoy the PP rate.
    Policies are billed directly through the PP system
  • We have trade accounts with national suppliers such as Tyrepower and NRMA
  • Partner People also supply drivers with Fuel cards and e-tags for straightforward expense claiming.
Affiliate Program

PP isn't a fan of lock in contracts or marketing to the masses. Instead we'd rather encourage people to spread the word about us, because they like what we do. So... Once you've become a Partner People person all you need to do is give your employee code to other potential Partner People people, when they enter your PP code on our sign up form and have their first pay process, we'll pay you a finders fee.
We run a 5 tiered marketing system, meaning that we'll pay $20 for a direct sign up. If that person signs up someone else, we'll pay you $15, if that person signs someone else up, then we'll pay $10, then $5 then $2.

The Tax advantage

In case you haven't realised by now, you're better off doing it with Partner People.
But don't take our word for it, our CPA's (from Feedom Accounting - Perth) calculations based on the assumptions listed below, show that compared with working as a sole trader, overall you're $5325 better off using PP than doing it yourself (with $3768 going to your chosen super fund).

The assumptions are:
An Uber driver's income in the first year, factoring in car depreciation.
$40,000 per annum from your day job
$50,0000 per annum from Uber (after commission)
$100 per week in deductions.

We'll be posting a breakdown of our full calculation this time tomorrow - stay tuned!

A Special offer just for you - no steak knives included

If the tax advantage wasn't a good enough reason to drop what you're doing and sign up now, here's a special offer just for you!
In celebration of our 2nd Birthday we are offering the next 50 sign ups, the first 4 weeeks of free processing. This means that you can try our service for up to four weeks without paying a cent in fees!
Any income processed through Partner People during this period does not have to be reported on your BAS. So if you like what we do, stay with us and enjoy the discount and maybe tell a mate or two.
If you decide that we're not for you, then you've lost nothing.

Claim the offer:
In order to receive the processing fee discount, you will need to enter in a one-time use discount code.
These codes are PK0001 - PK0050
Just enter in one of these 50 codes in the referral code field on our website.
We'll publish a list of remaining active codes over the next week, or until all codes are exhausted.

--
This is a sponsored thread. Please keep all comments on topic (Partner People).

Moderator edit: Sponsorship expired, thread locked.

·
Premium Member
16,747 Posts
PartnerPeople
Claim the offer:
In order to receive the processing fee discount, you will need to enter in a one-time use discount code.
These codes are PK0001 - PK0050
Just enter in one of these 50 codes in the referral code field on our website.
We'll publish a list of remaining active codes over the next week, or until all codes are exhausted.

Hey guys, I'm very interested in following up on your offer, but I am in the boonies at the mo,
Please lock a space for me in the 50 offerings, and I will endeavour to come back to you when I reach civilisation in a couple of days.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Has anyone used this? Any feedback regarding how it works etc? Certainly sounds appealing in the sense that I would not be required to stuff around with GST/Tax etc?

·
Registered
25 Posts
if we become employees of PP, what service do we provide for you? can we post the employment contract here for everyone's review?

if there is no need for ABN, do we change the car business rego back to personal use? cancel the ridesharing insurance?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Can I ask - Why do we need to pay to our superannuation? I don't need to If I didn't use this service? Is it because I am classified as an employee of Partner People?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got to say this sounds very dodgy!

As an employee of PP (or any company), they can dictate my working hours, pay and conditions.

Also, as a full-time Uber driver i.e. a full-time employee of PP, they would be required to accrue holiday and sick pay on my behalf. Therefore, I would be entitled to holiday and sick pay. Are you going to do this PP?

Regarding super, as an employee you should be contributing this on my behalf - not using my money to contribute to my super!

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
I've got to say this sounds very dodgy!

As an employee of PP (or any company), they can dictate my working hours, pay and conditions.

Also, as a full-time Uber driver i.e. a full-time employee of PP, they would be required to accrue holiday and sick pay on my behalf. Therefore, I would be entitled to holiday and sick pay. Are you going to do this PP?

Regarding super, as an employee you should be contributing this on my behalf - not using my money to contribute to my super!
Its most definitely a scam... Just like uber!

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's not a scam, these guys been in the market for quite a long time.
Anyone who tries to convince me to become their "employee" and then charges me a fee for processing my wages is a scammer! Not to mention all the other flaws in this ridiculous concept o_O

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Anyone who tries to convince me to become their "employee" and then charges me a fee for processing my wages is a scammer! Not to mention all the other flaws in this ridiculous concept o_O
While I agree its quite an odd concept, your other points are completely invalid. Its a scheme set up to save you the hassle of doing your BAS and to prevent you from spending your GST and income tax. Of course there has to be a fee involved.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
While I agree its quite an odd concept, your other points are completely invalid. Its a scheme set up to save you the hassle of doing your BAS and to prevent you from spending your GST and income tax. Of course there has to be a fee involved.
I understand the convenience factor. I'm withholding my judgement until I see their figures regarding how drivers will be financially better off by paying a fee for someone else to handle their earnings

·
Registered
81 Posts
Why don't you go ahead and invalidate my points?

·
Premium Member
11,091 Posts
It sounds good, but there has to be a catch somewhere...

Need more research and some testimonials from other drivers for me to even attempt to join in...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.