Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago people just need rides. Now fat people just ride 1 mile.

I have more very fat and overweight pax that weight 2-3x of a normal pax. It's worse when there are two or more of these fat a$$ trying to squeeze in. Technically it's more than 4 passengers allowed in a uberx by weight.

There needs to be a surcharge for overweight pax, just like the airline charging two seat for the same type of folks requesting Uber or Lyft. And a maximum of two like kinds.

I cannot allow my car to labor like a tractor trailer serving lazy asses. When people don't even walk the short distance, they get fat.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Saying people get fat from not being active is factual. Saying fat people are ugly would be fat shaming. Learn the difference.
Suggesting that fat people be required to pay more for a ride than “normal” people IS discriminatory though. And could be construed as shaming by putting them into a special pricing bracket. Especially if the OP is not offering discounts for folks that way less than a normal person.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Suggesting that fat people be required to pay more for a ride than “normal” people IS discriminatory though. And could be construed as shaming by putting them into a special pricing bracket. Especially if the OP is not offering discounts for folks that way less than a normal person.
Airlines have no problem charging double if your too fat

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,885 Posts
America is obese. I drive overweight people regularly, and without complaint. Once in a while you get someone who can't even get the seatbelt on. You grin and bear it.

But yes, classifying fat people is discriminatory, but not in the way you are using the term. One di-scri-mi-nates, which is to discern, or tell the difference between. That is a basic function of the human mind. The facility helps us survive. Not all discrimination is immoral (admittedly it often is illegal), although when someone springs that word on us we reflexively get guilt ridden or defensive. Societal conditioning.

I personally would love to ban overweight people from my car. Like Rampage, I am fat phobic. Been so since grade school. But the government says NO, you can't do that, so I onboard those folks. With a smile. That's the job. And it's a good lesson in compassion, because some number of the overweight group aren't just lazy. They really truly can't help it. That is a fact.

·
Premium Member
28,032 Posts
What about when combined weight of driver and 4 "larger people" exceeds the recommended weight limit for the car?

They realistically need an XL.

Is that discriminatory?

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Airlines have no problem charging double if your too fat
Because of the space, not the weight. Of you ever run into 4 passengers that physically can’t fit into the car buckled in, then YES they should pay more for an XL or SUV. But simply saying you are too fat and even though you fit in the car and can buckle your seat belt, you should pay more is both discriminatory and fat shaming.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Years ago people just need rides. Now fat people just ride 1 mile.

I have more very fat and overweight pax that weight 2-3x of a normal pax. It's worse when there are two or more of these fat a$$ trying to squeeze in. Technically it's more than 4 passengers allowed in a uberx by weight.

There needs to be a surcharge for overweight pax, just like the airline charging two seat for the same type of folks requesting Uber or Lyft. And a maximum of two like kinds.

I cannot allow my car to labor like a tractor trailer serving lazy asses. When people don't even walk the short distance, they get fat.
Well I guess you should start appreciating and thanking all of the "Fat People " in your city. Because without fat people your lazy butt would not be able to make any money. Then instead of reading about another fat people thread, we all get to read about your complaints of Uber sucks because I'm not making any money or the flagged me for using all caps...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. 😅🤣🤑

·
Registered
102 Posts
Because of the space, not the weight. Of you ever run into 4 passengers that physically can’t fit into the car buckled in, then YES they should pay more for an XL or SUV. But simply saying you are too fat and even though you fit in the car and can buckle your seat belt, you should pay more is both discriminatory and fat shaming.
People discriminate about all kinds of things in life, that’s why we’re not friends with everyone. I wonder if the left has come up with a term for that, just wondering, and that is a rhetorical question that need not be answered

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had one lady order a ride from one store in a strip mall to a store 4 doors down. She said that it was too hot. She was overweight.
I remember a long long time ago when I was very new at Uber , I took a poop ride, and one of the passengers was very very large, and when I got to her destination on the app which required her to walk 100 feet to her job at 7-Eleven, she threw a ****ing fit, but I did not care and made her walk even though she called me every name in the book, as a matter of fact I recall taking a picture of her fat ass walking to the 7-Eleven. Ask me if I care lol, I am so glad we don’t have poop Rides in my market yet again.

In my honest opinion, I believe a Karen who is also obese, is one of the worst persons you can run into. And don’t think that I don’t like fat people , as I love many that I know, just not the rude Entitled ones

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Not sure why you can’t see it. Here is a screenshot. View attachment 670595
Hmmmmmmm in that case I’ll double down on my statements. I’ve picked up a lot of skinny people that don’t walk short distances. Generalizations like this are in fact fat shaming in my opinion. There is a significant difference between something being FACTUAL and something making sense.

Saying someone is going to become fat because they order a short Uber ride without knowing why they ordered a short Uber is not a fact. It’s an assumption.

People discriminate about all kinds of things in life, that’s why we’re not friends with everyone. I wonder if the left has come up with a term for that, just wondering, and that is a rhetorical question that need not be answered
In your personal life, I cannot control what or who you discriminate against. That’s why the world would be better off without the internet as it is. Used to be the ****bags that discriminate about stupid stuff like this would keep it to themselves and their small circle of ****bag friends they found that feel just like them. In a basement somewhere away from society. Nowadays they can just anonymously gather and making stupid threads like this and it spreads to other small groups of ****bags and soon we have a tiny little online city of ****bags that don’t in anyway make the world a better place.

For anyone about to go all ‘Murica 1st Amendment free speech blah blah blah………I’m in no way shape or form saying that the government should punish them for saying what they say, I’m just exercising my 1st amendment right in expressing why I personally think they those types of folks are ****bags.

As far as you not wanting a response to your rhetorical question, I’m almost positive you did want one. While I am a believer in the old saying “there’s no such thing a stupid question”, I do sometimes wonder in times like these if there are exceptions………

1 - 20 of 176 Posts