Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where all these Lux Black/Black XL drivers came from that are now here in Tampa? Lyft has allowed the market to oversaturate and its pathetic. I'm an OG Black driver in Tampa, and I've never heard more complaints from passengers about how the driver doesn't speak English, intentionally drives around to run fare up, and how do they afford 70k trucks in this market? I'm made good investments, buy my vehicles cash, I do this bc I enjoy it, but its getting out of hand. Also these drivers nag passengers for thier phone numbers for cash rides, this crap has gotta stop. I've heard they are from Miami, if anyone knows chime in, Thanks, drive safe.

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
Does anyone know where all these Lux Black/Black XL drivers came from that are now here in Tampa?
Venezuela.

Been happening in Miami for a couple years. They provide the labor for the "Uber Cartels" which organize and run things at the airport and set these people up. They keep a lot of the money, not the drivers. Miami is over saturated so the new ones are dispersed to other cities.

This is what I have been told by 2 long time Miami drivers so I have no firsthand knowledge if this is actually true.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This makes alot of sense, last night I had a short trip, got priority, did not have my VPN on, sat front of queue for 20 min, than all of a sudden there is 11 drivers in front of me, my car wouldn't show up on the rider app nothing, lyft was clueless, sent it to a higher up, I think they use stingrays to steal signals and data.

·
Premium Member
8,087 Posts
Does anyone know where all these Lux Black/Black XL drivers came from that are now here in Tampa? Lyft has allowed the market to oversaturate and its pathetic. I'm an OG Black driver in Tampa, and I've never heard more complaints from passengers about how the driver doesn't speak English, intentionally drives around to run fare up, and how do they afford 70k trucks in this market? I'm made good investments, buy my vehicles cash, I do this bc I enjoy it, but its getting out of hand. Also these drivers nag passengers for thier phone numbers for cash rides, this crap has gotta stop. I've heard they are from Miami, if anyone knows chime in, Thanks, drive safe.
I've been reading and hearing about this garbage for years whether it's rideshare, food delivery, or grocery shopping (Instacart).

One of the constants in all this that the perpetrators are from Third World backwaters where this type of behavior is endemic and is at least part of the reason their home countries are perpetual basket cases.

Meanwhile the gig companies that bully, threaten, and unjustly terminate rules-following drivers are the very same companies who've always behaved in a curiously impotent manner toward these perpetrators.

I think in some cases the perps may be getting "help" from inside the companies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts