Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you agree that people who have had a few overdrafts/late payments in the last 2 months are most likely to keep working?

I have a friend that borrows money regularly for his sick kid, hasn't stopped working yet.

Shouldn't the government base their stimulus checks on those who are most likely to keep spreading and not follow social distancing, instead of 2018 tax returns?

The data on overdrafts is readily available from banks.

· Banned
8,571 Posts
Do you agree that people who have had a few overdrafts/late payments in the last 2 months are most likely to keep working?

I have a friend that borrows money regularly for his sick kid, hasn't stopped working yet.

Shouldn't the government base their stimulus checks on those who are most likely to keep spreading and not follow social distancing, instead of 2018 tax returns?

So you have a lot of overdrafts yeah?

· Premium Member
1,255 Posts

I believe this is known as means testing and I think people on both sides of the aisle thought that would be a bad idea. The goal was to get money in the hands of people as soon as possible. Politicians dicked around long enough.

Unfortunately, not everyone will be happy. Some people who need it won't get it, others who don't need it will get it. That's when happens in a country of 330M people. No perfect solution.

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you have a lot of overdrafts yeah?
I have worked in IT for 15 yrs, I have enough savings to last a few years. I just do U/L to promote my Web design company and get away from the wife for a few hours.

The counter to the original post is that the government will give 600 bucks a week to everyone, that should lessen the pain quite a bit.

· Banned
8,571 Posts
I have worked in IT for 15 yrs, I have enough savings to last a few years. I just do U/L to promote my Web design company and get away from the wife for a few hours.

The counter to the original post is that the government will give 600 bucks a week to everyone, that should lessen the pain quite a bit.
Doesn't matter if you worked for IT or whatever, I know pple who have higher paying jobs that didn't save as you have so, it's not a matter of what you do but how you spend/budget your money.

which counters your Original post anyways and those who get the $35/$45 fees will see most of the $$ eat into it anyways due to the "overdrafts".

· Registered
1,315 Posts

The checks are for everyone, working or not. The base is just determining if qualified and how much earnings in the most recent tax return. If the income of 2018 is too high but the income in 2019 within range, file the tax return quickly, with or without payment. Payment not due until July.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.