Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started in Milwaukee last week.

Now I got a text that our rates are going up!

Base rate was $1.00 now $1.25
Per mile was $1.00 now $1.10
Per minute was $.15 now $.20
Safe ride still $1.00
Min ride was $4 now $5.

It's interesting. I wonder if they will drive up demand then increase their prices overall too??

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I think, rate cuts were meant to destroy all competition and force riders into Uber platform because of the unbelievably low prices of UberX.

Is Lyft still strong in Chicago? Is taxi industry still strong? Until the competition is in life support, rates will continue to be cut.

Driver's don't matter. cuts and raises are mot meant to benefit or hurt drivers. We are just one of the parameters of the system and because of teh abundance of drivers, we don;t quite matter in this context as long as somebody drives.

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
KBecks What commission are you paying to Uber? 20%, 25% or 30%

Correct me if I'm wrong....but Milwaukee doesn't even have LYFT, do they? Lyft does not operate here in the Northern 'burbs in Chicago (near the WI state line) so I'd be shocked if Lyft is in Milwaukee. o_O

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just joined and so I am paying 25%. Milwaukee has LYFT. I was going to apply and a Lyft mentor texted me to set up the test ride, but I need to get my van cleaned up first. I think there are more Uber drivers than Lyft here, but its' hard to say.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Uber does not care about the driver's car. I have a text from over that implies the same thing our cars are important to us. "Your car is important to you".

They care about the people but not their safety. The people are important because they pay the fare and they drive the passengers.

Not once have I gotten a text or a summary or an email stating how important safety is. And the matching Illinois laws that uber does not follow confirm they don't care about safety which is more about the people than the vehicle

The best translation I have ever policy if only you care about your car and only you care about your safety

Reactions: itsablackmarket

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don't get it. Why is Chicago still .90 cents a mile?

Tampa is .90 cents a mile also.
1. Enough people are driving at those rates still.

2. Uber hasn't gained enough market share yet or think their volume will decrease enough to produce less revenue than higher fares.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
$1.10 per mile is not profitable and $.90 per mile is paying uber to drive thier pax around.

Why are you driving?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts