Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During Friday-Saturday if working say 10 hours both days and then I'm also curious to know how much you make working 40-50 hours a week.

Thank you!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not enough to live on. Seriously. Also, there are so many factors to consider in the Orlando area. For example: is the driver complying with the local government regulations in the City; Osceola; MCO? Compliance affects the bottom line. What level are they driving? X? Select? Are there depreciation issues? Financing issues? Are they driving under the original Uber fee v. The newer higher rate? To be honest, the answer to your question is going to be BELOW MINIMUM WAGE!!!!! Anyone who tells you anything else is fooling themselves, doesn't understand business, and/or wants to deceive you and/or others reading this forum.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
During Friday-Saturday if working say 10 hours both days and then I'm also curious to know how much you make working 40-50 hours a week.

Thank you!
The more hours you work, the less you make per hour.
Until you do it, you won't understand this. The best hours of the week surge a lot more than any other time of the week, so you will get twice as many fares that could be 3 times as much money as normal..

Also there's a lot of sheer dumb luck involved. So this is just my estimate and there are ranges...
10 hours a week can probobly net you $150-200 total
20 will get you about 200-300
40 hours will get you 300-400
60 will get you 420-600

Then you take out expenses, many of which you can't calculate until the end of the year. I can't exactly predict what engine work your going to need between now and selling your car, or more likely between now and you quitting uber.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a lot of strategy involved and I sort of enjoy it, like learning a new skill.

I turn the thing on and off between my regular appointments during the day and depending on where I am. Pretty good luck getting Select pings if I'm in Winter Park, Baldwin Park, Bay Hill, and good part of Lake Mary.

Definitely DO NOT accept a ping if you have to make a U-turn and in a congested area, this will easily double the estimated drive time to pick up (this is an advanced skill because you have to know the area very well). When arriving, set a timer for 5 minutes and DON"T message the pax. They know you have arrived and if they are not ready they are just rude to start, cancel and get your fee then move on.

Don't accept UberEats if there is no parking lot, or restaurants that previously did not have the order ready. Avoid UCF, the students all have an entitlement mentality, where surprisingly Rollins students don't!

Never allow a pax to go into a grocery store and wait. If more than one child with an adult, make up a story why you cant take them and drive away!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've been doing great with Uber and Lyft. Worked the guarantees with Lyft on Saturday night from 3pm to 2 am and did $210 on 110 miles. Good stuff. My one mears day shift last week that I ran my ass off on made me $101 sweating my ass off all day.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've been doing great with Uber and Lyft. Worked the guarantees with Lyft on Saturday night from 3pm to 2 am and did $210 on 110 miles. Good stuff. My one mears day shift last week that I ran my ass off on made me $101 sweating my ass off all day.
Would you please do us all a favor and report what your net was? Gross doesn't mean anything at all and can MISLEAD new drivers out there. Let's tell the truth about our NET please!!!!!!

The more hours you work, the less you make per hour.
Until you do it, you won't understand this. The best hours of the week surge a lot more than any other time of the week, so you will get twice as many fares that could be 3 times as much money as normal..

Also there's a lot of sheer dumb luck involved. So this is just my estimate and there are ranges...
10 hours a week can probobly net you $150-200 total
20 will get you about 200-300
40 hours will get you 300-400
60 will get you 420-600

Then you take out expenses, many of which you can't calculate until the end of the year. I can't exactly predict what engine work your going to need between now and selling your car, or more likely between now and you quitting uber.
...again, is that 10 hours of on call time or 10 hours of driving? It also depends on when you do the 10 hours. During the day? At night? Weekends? It all depends.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Would you please do us all a favor and report what your net was? Gross doesn't mean anything at all and can MISLEAD new drivers out there. Let's tell the truth about our NET please!!!!!!

...again, is that 10 hours of on call time or 10 hours of driving? It also depends on when you do the 10 hours. During the day? At night? Weekends? It all depends.
OK i will further explain it so you understand.

The 10 best hours a week can probobly net you $150-200 total
The 20 best hours a week can probobly net you $200-300
The 40 best hours a week can probobly net you $300-400
The 60 best hours a week can probobly net you $420-600

·
Registered
333 Posts
OK i will further explain it so you understand.

The 10 best hours a week can probobly net you $150-200 total
The 20 best hours a week can probobly net you $200-300
The 40 best hours a week can probobly net you $300-400
The 60 best hours a week can probobly net you $420-600
IMHO I still think those nets are on the very high end.

Can anyone tell me about where to get insurance? Geico canceled me
Farmers has rideshare insurance in Florida. Presently, they're the only ones with it. They will sell it to you but it is actually through a company called foremost insurance. If you want to operate within the bounds of the current law, you need commercial insurance which you can get from progressive. The law is probably going to change though and effective July 1, 2017 you will not need commercial if you're just doing rideshare; that is if the law does change.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
IMHO I still think those nets are on the very high end.

Farmers has rideshare insurance in Florida. Presently, they're the only ones with it. They will sell it to you but it is actually through a company called foremost insurance. If you want to operate within the bounds of the current law, you need commercial insurance which you can get from progressive. The law is probably going to change though and effective July 1, 2017 you will not need commercial if you're just doing rideshare; that is if the law does change.
No one except the airport complaint drivers are fully in compliance with orlando, costs $100s a month over what most people are paying for insurance now.

the insurance companies can in theory sink the new law if they lobby hard enough

·
Registered
333 Posts
No one except the airport complaint drivers are fully in compliance with orlando, costs $100s a month over what most people are paying for insurance now.

the insurance companies can in theory sink the new law if they lobby hard enough
They're not going to because the new law benefits them. Rideshare insurance will be REQUIRED effective July 1. Currently it isn't.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For me, there are two scenarios.

Scenario 1:
I make $40/hr gross by picking up my pax while traveling at a velocity of 60mph, driving them a distance of 60 miles at the same rate of speed, simultaneously dropping them off and picking up another pax, all without stopping.

Scenario 2:
I make $40/hr gross by picking up my pax while traveling at a velocity of 12mph, driving them a distance of 1.2 miles at the same rate of speed, simultaneously dropping them off and picking up another pax, all without stopping.

I prefer Scenario 2 (better mpg), and so do my paxs (less road rash), but it usually is an equal mix. One trade-off with Scenario 2 is more wear and tear on my vehicle due to 10x door slamming.

I can do this all day long. UberX.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Foremost is expensive. My quote is $486 per month with no tickets, accidents, or claims. They can charge what they want, they're the only game in town...

But, another agent with them gave me a quote of $667 per month, so the agents aren't all giving the same quotes.

It's cheaper in Orlando to rent from Enterprise, as the insurance is included at $215 per week...wear and tear on another car instead of yours.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.