Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
insight about this lyft pre order thing, as far as a drivers perspective l mean, any experiences, problems and or solutions on pre ordering thanks..

·
Registered
519 Posts
The orderived is placed on the queue 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time. After you arrive you may have to wait longer than the typical 5 minutes to give the ridea the full 5 minutes after the scheduled time. Because of this, no shows are a $10 cancel fee that Lyft is currently letting us have 10p% of, but the latest terms allow them to take their cut. It also locks the customer into prime time that is predicted by the system at the time the ride is scheduled.

As a driver I like scheduled rides because the rider as s vested interest to be ready. They don't want to pay $10 cancel fee. The best part of scheduled rides for me I have to maintain trade secrets because they are rather lucrative when you learn them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Huh? The worst thing about scheduled ride is that it negates PT. Learnt this the hard way. Pax schedule a ride in DT SF during one of the highest PT, pick up pax which took 15 minute to get to even though only 5 blocks, drove 1.5 miles, again in commute traffic, overall 40 minutes, payout $9. If this had been a regular non-scheduled ride, would have been minimum $25. My warning and advice to you and everyone reading this, if you get a schedule pick up during peak hour and in a known PT zone, CANCELLED on the cheap pax immediately, tooo many are already using this loophole to negate PT and screw drivers over.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Greenie, negative people will find negative anywhere they seek it. Scheduled rides are great for ratings, great for tips, provide a chance to regroup and have zero pressure because the customer expectation is a time wondow, and once you learn how they work they are an easy 3 -4 rides per hour with 75% predictability of when you'll get pinged where. I an more than making up for a reduced or missing prime time.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I've noticed Lyft hides that the request is a scheduled ride as well. When it was first introduced in LA, a scheduled ride request was tagged as such. Not anymore. Lyft better for drivers? Sham.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts