Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live out in the southern inland empire and mostly drive in orange county, I am registered to drive in Los Angeles county though. So for all of my promotions i have to do the rides in LA county so i normally don't worry about them. I'm thinking it may be a good idea to switch my territory to OC if they get the new "super ant" promotions. I don't normally do that many rides cause i generally try to do surge rides but if I'm a couple short of making the 1st level why not work an extra hour or two to hit it. Do OC drivers get the 7 day total ride bonuses?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Surge? Honestly, I had to check the date of this post to see if it was from 2017 or something.

I'm in OC, and I have never seen a weeklong promotion. All I see are worthless bonuses from Friday night to Sunday. An extra $10 for 10 rides -- don't waste my time. lol.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I live out in the southern inland empire and mostly drive in orange county, I am registered to drive in Los Angeles county though. So for all of my promotions i have to do the rides in LA county so i normally don't worry about them. I'm thinking it may be a good idea to switch my territory to OC if they get the new "super ant" promotions. I don't normally do that many rides cause i generally try to do surge rides but if I'm a couple short of making the 1st level why not work an extra hour or two to hit it. Do OC drivers get the 7 day total ride bonuses?
It is NOT worth it to pursue Quest promotions in OC.
No promos are a week long; they run from Friday afternoon to Sunday night and are weaker than weak. Considering the 12 hr timeclock for mandatory rest, it is silly to go after the volume needed for extra peanuts, and the 50 for $75 offers are rare. Most are 20 for $30, that they offer me.

Better to drive smart!
You'll get your $10-$50 easily in a few trips. I can long haul to LAX and get $50 in 1 trip, depending on where it originates.

Surge? Honestly, I had to check the date of this post to see if it was from 2017 or something.
Hahahaha! ROFL ... and then crying cuz so true.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
That's why there's no surge rides because your chasing quest. I'm working hard if I do sixty rides in a week.Working 4 too 5 days a week. Surge is dead most of the day . I'm not sure about knights because I choose not to work evenings. Who does a 125 trips in a week

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Define southern IE

·
Premium Member
12,198 Posts

I'm in OC, and I have never seen a weeklong promotion. All I see are worthless bonuses from Friday night to Sunday. An extra $10 for 10 rides -- don't waste my time. lol.
I thought it must be from 2015!! I seem to remember Mon through Fri deals but I never hit one. If I recall correctly they were focused on the morning rides.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

$10 for 10 rides! wow Uber is doing OC wrong.

That's why there's no surge rides because your chasing quest. I'm working hard if I do sixty rides in a week.Working 4 too 5 days a week. Surge is dead most of the day . I'm not sure about knights because I choose not to work evenings. Who does a 125 trips in a week
I just drive weekend evenings and know the territory so i find alrightish surge. I haven't done a quest in about a year because i got over driving home from west hollywood at 4am for a 2 hours. I can get home from oc in half the time. I only go to LA if a ride takes me there. Driving in IE is a complete waste of time, not an option for me. I guess i won't bother switching territories.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.