Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received the paperwork from the state for my business license, paid $25 for the Clark Co. License ( orange one),& have not received it. Any ideas on my next step?

Thank you..

·
Registered
918 Posts
I received the paperwork from the state for my business license, paid $25 for the Clark Co. License ( orange one),& have not received it. Any ideas on my next step?

Thank you..
I would try another state. This one is obviously not efficient enough for your liking.

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts

Thank you..
Since October they've had a huge backlog (8,000+ in mid October).

I applied online and it took a few weeks to get mine even in early October.

With all the last-minute/late applications coming in, it's likely not much better now.

Just keep your receipt with you for now.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Since October they've had a huge backlog (8,000+ in mid October).

I applied online and it took a few weeks to get mine even in early October.

With all the last-minute/late applications coming in, it's likely not much better now.

Just keep your receipt with you for now.
Was just down at the license office. They seem to think that as of January 1st, the receipt will no longer work and drivers will be fined if they don't have the orange card. Their suggestion was don't do pick ups or drop offs at the airport without the orange card as of January 1st.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Was just down at the license office. They seem to think that as of January 1st, the receipt will no longer work and drivers will be fined if they don't have the orange card. Their suggestion was don't do pick ups or drop offs at the airport without the orange card as of January 1st.
That's just not fair. They've already given us a two month grace period, what's another month?

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
I'd think, that as long as you applied prior to November 1st or started driving after November 1st, any ticket issues could fought.

Not that you'd want the hassle.

But what are they going to do with new drivers?

Even without a backlog, it takes a week or so to get the card on the mail.

There has to be some sort of ongoing grace period so long as it's legal to apply online and start driving once you've applied - which is how it works right now.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'd think, that as long as you applied prior to November 1st or started driving after November 1st, any ticket issues could fought.

Not that you'd want the hassle.

But what are they going to do with new drivers?

Even without a backlog, it takes a week or so to get the card on the mail.

There has to be some sort of ongoing grace period so long as it's legal to apply online and start driving once you've applied - which is how it works right now.
Well, if the only place it is enforced is the airport, new drivers can just avoid picking up and dropping off there. I believe LAX had a somewhat similar situation at one time, and they survived.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
The law says nothing about an orange card. The digital billboards in the airport lot refer to a law that was first defined in 2015 and I don't think it has changed.

What changed to compel the county to begin enforcing this old law? Please provide a link to your sources..

The law itself makes no mention of requirement to display your county business license in your vehicle or anywhere else.

There must be a law or rule or regulation or some kind of official directive that describes how and where this orange card is to be displayed and the penalties for noncompliance. Does anybody have a link to an official document or webpage?

Here is the ordinance:
http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/business-license/Documents/TNC_Driver_Ord_Intro.pdf

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
If you would have been operating legally from the beginning, you would not have this problem. I had my card a month before it was required when I renewed, yes renewed my license because I have had it the whole 3 years I have been driving for Uber, and I always renew 30 days early, had it in the mail in 2 days after renewal. You wait and then have to get in line with 30,000 other drivers you suffer the consequences.

·
Registered
918 Posts
If you would have been operating legally from the beginning, you would not have this problem. I had my card a month before it was required when I renewed, yes renewed my license because I have had it the whole 3 years I have been driving for Uber, and I always renew 30 days early, had it in the mail in 2 days after renewal. You wait and then have to get in line with 30,000 other drivers you suffer the consequences.
Yeah but, I don't think it's fair that I make all of these thousands of dollars that I don't have to pay state income tax on, and then have to pay the county a whole twenty-five dollars. It's just not fair, I tell ya.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay guys. I received the orange County one for the car finally. I realized that I uploaded the county business license on under the Uber docs by mistake which duh led to their response of wrong doc!! Lol. Have to laugh at yourself once in awhile. If I'm not mistaken, I can download the " Nevada State Business License" on the "silver flume site"???
I have a crazy schedule and I get fast information on the forum here. Thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Your car is your office. Keep your state business license with your car ins paper in one envelope together in your car.and please contribute to our forum here.learn to share useful information with your follow drivers :Ddon't be like one of those people who only know how to take from others not how to giveo_Oto others.:Dbecome a giver:cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts