Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Does anyone know how to opt out of pool rides
Hi Art, Some people apparently have had success requesting this and others have gotten the run around from email support CSR's. There are a lot of threads that discuss it. There are even people who have sent screen shots of Uber consenting to the request and then they follow up later and say that they still get the requests. Uber pretty much times you out if you don't accept three requests in a row and those Pool pings come in fast and furious. Best of luck,

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
@ArtHagan
If you are a UberX driver, you cannot opt out of pool requests; only XL and Select drivers can. This is according to the reps in SF support center.
It's possible to opt out. In the rider app ,check out where there is a bunch of regular uberX cars, then tap on the pool button and then you see some X cars disappear. Those pool cars that disappeared are no longer activated to do pool rides but they can do the x rides.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's possible to opt out. In the rider app ,check out where there is a bunch of regular uberX cars, then tap on the pool button and then you see some X cars disappear. Those pool cars that disappeared are no longer activated to do pool rides but they can do the x rides.
Perhaps they are X/XL. And the XL option is what's keeping them out of the pool "pool".

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
@ArtHagan
If you are a UberX driver, you cannot opt out of pool requests; only XL and Select drivers can. This is according to the reps in SF support center.
You can. Just have to mail the heck out of support and have it escalated until they say yes.

I'm a part time driver and have a full time job. So I don't "need" to drive for money.
They know this, so maybe they gave me an opt out knowing I don't depend on this for income.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I know with effort i could get pool removed from my account but as much as I hate it, PDPlus subsidizes so much that it is worth keeping

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I know with effort i could get pool removed from my account but as much as I hate it, PDPlus subsidizes so much that it is worth keeping
May vary from driver to driver but for some who have opted out, the opt-out works only in their home territory (ie, SF or East Bay or South Bay or..) so these geographical differences could be highly beneficial. For example, if I lived in the South Bay and wanted no-pool there, but had the pool available in East Bay or SF area, that may be an ideal arrangement. Less headaches in the home territory but if I'm up for the hassles that go with pool (mostly inconsiderate pax), I know where to go.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
For the most part I opt out of east bay entirely (or with destination filter on) but when I drive in Oakland- which is where I live - I just want ride counts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
For full time drivers who use bonuses to make money, pool makes sense = for now, until the bonuses are gone - by then pax will get used to pool prices and we will get stuck with pool only and no bonus money.

The bonuses will have to go away, since FUBER has to show profits sooner or later. Subsidized pool rides via PDB prevents FUBER profits. They're using it as a crutch in the mean time to "get the users addicted" to pool..

I hate to say it, but I think that's how things will play out unfortunately.

·
Registered
238 Posts
For full time drivers who use bonuses to make money, pool makes sense = for now, until the bonuses are gone - by then pax will get used to pool prices and we will get stuck with pool only and no bonus money.

The bonuses will have to go away, since FUBER has to show profits sooner or later. Subsidized pool rides via PDB prevents FUBER profits. They're using it as a crutch in the mean time to "get the users addicted" to pool..

Except Uber needs those drivers to drive those pool riders. If they take away PDP they won't have enough drivers. If the service becomes unreliable their customer base jumps ship. So I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Banned
6,865 Posts
...Meh...that kind of thinking usually works for the quick profit, fly-by-night operations...It would appear Uber is cultivating brand loyalty via pool prices...there going after sheer numbers to dominate the market...they want the public to identify ride-sharing only as "Uber"... I think the "bonuses" will stay to retain drivers ... Uber is always looking for drivers ... Uber is offering $1000 for driver referrals ...

It's the other way around ... Uber doesn't need "profits"... it's already profitable, $60,000,000,000 profitable ... they're going for the Holy Grail ... they're going for something more than just dollars ... If the most recent delivery of trade dress is any indication, they want to own you and your car ... the current trade dress is a non-removable sticker ...

Maybe for the full-time tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber drivin' dudes ... for the rest, that's alright ...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Except I'm not a full time driver and without PDPlus, I wouldn't just stop accepting pool rides, I'd stop going online.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts