Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked it up online but couldn't find the answer.

If I have a small operator's licence, can I take bookings on the road and keep log of them? Or do they have to be through an office of some kind?

· Registered
977 Posts
In my club we got normal guys wearing hi vis cab man or smth. They book people put everything on the paper and calling office to do booking. So i think you can do that but thos logs have to be in the office. only my thoughts.

· Registered
230 Posts
I don't tjink you can. It'll give you the same status as a black cabbie.

My understanding is that bookings must be taken at the registered office. Those guys in hi bud are meant to book each fare with HQ. Greyhound cars is one example.

· Registered
1,992 Posts
If the bookings are taken in person, then they have to go and do so at the address/es shown on your operators licence, I believe.

Telephone/E mail bookings I'm not sure about, as I'm sure the legislation predates Internet and mobile phones, which means you can receive and pick them up anywhere?

· Registered
230 Posts
I had my second inspection by TFL and in reply to the 'Uber' question I was told that Uber are not breaking the law regards bookings. This is because every rider request is first lodged at their registered office before the driver receives a ping.

I suppose it's done so quickly one hardly notices it. So in principle every booking has to be received and lodged at HQ.

· Banned
550 Posts
I've looked it up online but couldn't find the answer.

If I have a small operator's licence, can I take bookings on the road and keep log of them? Or do they have to be through an office of some kind?
Some 5-6 years ago? After intense lobbying by AddLee, gmb and the Blackcab lobby, it became compulsory for small operators to take phone bookings by land line only, before that you could take bookings on the go on your mobile

· Banned
550 Posts
That's right, at the same time using a laptop or something, book details of the job into the desktop at your house, before the customer gets in your car of course

Stick that one up where it don't shine John Griffin, LPHCA, GMB and the LTDA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.