Uber Drivers Forum banner

What ratio of your Rides are UberSELECT? (assume non-surge, do include scheduled guarantee)

• 30 of 100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40 of 100

• 50 of 100

• 60 of 100

• 70 of 100

• 80 of 100

• Accept both SELECT and UberX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Select is not great out here, but I can realistically get at least 3 Select request per night, roughly out of 20 pickups so I put 10-20. Select isn't quiet as what it's cut out to be, I get a lot of minimum Select fares which end up being $6.75. What helps creating knockout nights are those willing to go 20-30 miles on Select. That helps balance out the minimum fares and X rides.

Select is not great for driving it exclusively, so I do have to take X rides. You do need to rely a lot of Surges and tipping helps. If you can't swing a Select vehicle as of today, don't upgrade thinking you'll double your income. While you may have some knockout nights, you can easily have a bad night. Now, a bad night may be equivalent to an average night for an X driver, so knockout nights would be what X drivers expect for holiday drivings, but it can definitely be hit or miss.

You do need to know where the hot spots are for Select pickups, and no, I will not mention where my fishing holes are.

What is scheduled guarantee?

·
Registered
132 Posts
My typical Select ride is $20 (my cut). I've had a couple over $50. It's very slow in the areas I've tried it.

I wouldn't expect you to give out your spots, but I have some ideas from just driving around a bit.

See the Screenshot for an example of what I think he means by scheduled guarantee. This is different from the Boost (basically guaranteed surge).

Attachments

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
My typical Select ride is $20 (my cut). I've had a couple over $50. It's very slow in the areas I've tried it.

I wouldn't expect you to give out your spots, but I have some ideas from just driving around a bit.

See the Screenshot for an example of what I think he means by scheduled guarantee. This is different from the Boost (basically guaranteed surge).
It's great when a $50+ Select ride pops up but many are realizing Select for short distance isn't terrible, which is fine, I'd rather a short Select ride than a Short X ride for sure!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Select is not great out here, but I can realistically get at least 3 Select request per night, roughly out of 20 pickups so I put 10-20. Select isn't quiet as what it's cut out to be, I get a lot of minimum Select fares which end up being $6.75. What helps creating knockout nights are those willing to go 20-30 miles on Select. That helps balance out the minimum fares and X rides.

Select is not great for driving it exclusively, so I do have to take X rides. You do need to rely a lot of Surges and tipping helps. If you can't swing a Select vehicle as of today, don't upgrade thinking you'll double your income. While you may have some knockout nights, you can easily have a bad night. Now, a bad night may be equivalent to an average night for an X driver, so knockout nights would be what X drivers expect for holiday drivings, but it can definitely be hit or miss.

You do need to know where the hot spots are for Select pickups, and no, I will not mention where my fishing holes are.

What is scheduled guarantee?
Sorry, I meant Boost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts