Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NY Times: The program, involving a tool called Greyball, uses data collected from the Uber app and other techniques to identify and circumvent officials who were trying to clamp down on the ride-hailing service "The company watched which people were frequently opening and closing the app — a process known internally as eyeballing".

Please read Nytimes
please copy and paste link
(sorry new user issues)

https://

goo.gl/eaQ98m

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
NY Times: The program, involving a tool called Greyball, uses data collected from the Uber app and other techniques to identify and circumvent officials who were trying to clamp down on the ride-hailing service "The company watched which people were frequently opening and closing the app - a process known internally as eyeballing".

Please read Nytimes
please copy and paste link
(sorry new user issues)

https://

goo.gl/eaQ98m
Its not a question of whether they broke the law. They did and do so in every state. The question is how much are they going to be fined for doing it globally and in most states of usa

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I was wondering why a couple of weeks ago I started noticing that I couldnt see myself on the pax app. Obviously I open and close the app all the time as a driver.

Guess the DC manager, Rohit, is spying on us all. Hi Rohit!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering why a couple of weeks ago I started noticing that I couldnt see myself on the pax app. Obviously I open and close the app all the time as a driver.

Guess the DC manager, Rohit, is spying on us all. Hi Rohit!
I have been experiencing some weird things with my uber driver account. I'm always opening and closing the app too. I'm on their watch list guaranteed as driver. Uber wouldn't let me receive a ping from a customer that I met in Starbucks and plent more similar. But my friends can pick up a person 6 feet away from them every time.
#Hi Rohit lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
A guy at my real job sent that to me yesterday - interesting read for sure! If they're willing to go that far, there really is no limit on what they'll do to manipulate the drivers as well.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
It's vile and leads us into more poverty while they get rich. by doing this it represents illegal transfer of wealth on an unimaginable scale.

Basically no one can regulate them.

And now that they are caught red handed...

They will throw x amount of billions to get the case gone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts