Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone been experiencing this?
For the past wk, takes a while to open the app, wtf.....

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I opened mine up tonight for the first time in several days and noticed the map screen is different or has been updated. Also keeps asking me which gps provider I want to use. Very buggy...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed the same thing earlier this week, now I can't even open the app without it freezing and crashing. Seems like something with the new map interface.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Everything about the new map interface sucks. It looks like a Blackberry GPS app from 2005.

I also noticed, since the map update, that the pings now show MY location, not the pickup location. This is annoying when you're near the shore rate border, especially towns that cross zones like Wall Township. Last night I accidently accepted an .87 trip because of this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I lost a ride when I try top pick up somone at the airport while I used UBER'Sgps "recommended"
It did not show the door# and level....

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
I opened mine up tonight for the first time in several days and noticed the map screen is different or has been updated. Also keeps asking me which gps provider I want to use. Very buggy...
Yes. Stupid thing keeps going back to Uber GPS too, even though I selected Google maps as navigation. What is this nonsense?

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
I am sure Uber GPS have codes and scripts in it to mostly give you shortest miles routes.

It's freakin' annoying. I do not like the "Recommended" Uber GPS..:rolleyes:
I am sure Uber GPS have codes and scripts in it to mostly give you shortest miles routes.
Recommended my a**..lol Maybe that will work on newbies.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I don't have the option yet on my s7, but if it's anything like that stupid blue line you see when you accept a trip, be prepared to drive through dead ends, pick people up in cemeteries a block away from their house and enjoy access to the Bayonne Bridge when it's closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.