Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sitting in the parking lot in Addison after dropping somebody off and was wondering why I wasn't getting any requests. Turned on the Lyft app and request coming on one after the other. I pull up on Uber and it seems to be that they are making Uber X not visible at the front of the page when passengers opened it up to get a ride.

Light Product Automotive tire Font Parallel

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, look at this I just dropped off at the airport a few minutes ago and logged in to see what's going on in the Forum. Now I'm logged into the queue along with other people who are considered Uber X but look who they're pushing instead.

Product Automotive tire Font Map Tire

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Completely unrelated to your Market but I was checking prices this morning versus what they were paying, and lo and behold guess where the uberX was?

It was buried to where you had to go find it. Black comfort and XL were at the top of the list

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
I am sitting in the parking lot in Addison after dropping somebody off and was wondering why I wasn't getting any requests. Turned on the Lyft app and request coming on one after the other. I pull up on Uber and it seems to be that they are making Uber X not visible at the front of the page when passengers opened it up to get a ride.

View attachment 672358
I saw that too... F'ing hilarious

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why is it literally always something with this company?
I know right that's what I was thinking. So I was at home eating my breakfast when I got off work and decided to play around with the addresses. When I input it the pickup address as Walmart it would pull up Uber X along with extra large vehicle. If it was a hotel or something that appears to be a venue, it would pull up black extra large and comfort. Of course you would have to scroll down to get the economy vehicles like Uber X. Lucky for us customers will typically find the cheapest one.

Perfect example I had a guy that worked at the Staples Warehouse the other day. It was early in the morning and got a request for a Connect. I get to the location and the guy walks to me and confirms the name and tries to get inside my car. Of course I have it locked and I asked him where the package was. He pretended like he didn't know that he selected the option to deliver a package and was slowly trying to figure out how to cancel it. I told him that you would have to cancel the ride request and then request an Uber X. I made sure to tell him that it was prohibited for me to take a human on a package delivery. I can't believe I had to tell him that but I did.

I almost felt bad for him and was going to waive the fee thinking that he made a mistake. Thought about it for a second more and remembered have to specifically answer the questions for the request and then realized he was scanning the prices for the cheapest one. He griped about the $5 cancellation fee and attempted to request the pet or regular Uber X. I told him that I have the option to do either one. I didn't tell him that I had turned it off LOL. Oops somebody else came to pick him up. Oh well thanks for the cancellation fee. Sorry but not sorry. People always underestimate my sweet baby face, but underneath I'm a hardcore Hustler 🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder how much business Uber is losing to Lyft due to people opening their app and thinking UberX is not available.
It's funny when I don't get Uber request as quickly as I want, then I open up my Lyft app and leave it on until I get an Uber request lol. It doesn't take long. Sometimes you got to Stick it to the Man 🤣. I think people who use Uber a lot usually check to see where it's at especially when the prices are high

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
The few times I've used Uber's services this summer, mostly airport trips, X has always been at the bottom. Not sure if it's because of my VIP status or what ever, but I also can't help but think that Algo is made to think that since this guy's a VIP, he'll surely swing for something else than X.

Having seen their shady side as a driver, the suspicion is always there. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,613 Posts
The few times I've used Uber's services this summer, mostly airport trips, X has always been at the bottom. Not sure if it's because of my VIP status or what ever, but I also can't help but think that Algo is made to think that since this guy's a VIP, he'll surely swing for something else than X.

Having seen their shady side as a driver, the suspicion is always there. :rolleyes:
We can't go on together with suspicious minds.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
We can't go on together with suspicious minds.
Yeah that sounds like a good basis for a rom-com.

They are both doing something on the side to better their relationship with each other but they're totally screwing up and leaving bread crumbs of what they're doing. And they both think the very opposite and completely wrong of what it is versus what it really is.

Maybe a Kate Hudson and a Ryan Reynolds type (Deadpool humor) comedy

With midgets.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts