Uber Drivers Forum banner

Where are you accepting the most riders

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ONTARIO AIRPORT

Ok now that LAX is about to allow passenger pickups in a few weeks. One of the question which we should be asking is since ONT is operated by LAX Airport Authority will the same rules apply to ontario airport. If anyone has any information regarding the status please post

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
Its a mixed bag for me, Riverside, UCR, Moreno Valley, Woodcrest. The last two were from UCR.

I dunno about ONT/LAX. I think they are trying ? to separate themselves. It's not likely for me to do a pick up there unless I just dropped someone off.

If the pax get smart, they can set the pin on Haven, call the driver right away, and be picked up at Enterprise car rental.

Reactions: Purplefab1

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd be happy just to get Palm Springs pickups allowed. Although here it's an easy fix. The city curb is 40 yards further than the pickup point. Most of my pickups are used to this and I pick them up curbside outside the airport. It's a shorter walk than from their gate to the pickup.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
ONTARIO AIRPORT

Ok now that LAX is about to allow passenger pickups in a few weeks. One of the question which we should be asking is since ONT is operated by LAX Airport Authority will the same rules apply to ontario airport. If anyone has any information regarding the status please post
Eventhough both were run by LAWA the process for setting up a transportation permit was always separate for LAX and ONT. And you LAX permit was not valid for anything at ONT.

Hopefully if the City of Ontario does take it over the rules will be very relaxed like they are at Burbank with that city run airport. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
I happened to get a pick up at the Avis / Enterprise rentals after a drop today.

The guy knew what he was doing. Set the pin on Haven just north of Airport blvd. At first I was like Umm.... K, probably,.... then he called to tell me. Works great that way. 5's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been doing more pickups towards Pasadena and LA. I have done pickups and drop offs at Burbank. and LAX only dropoffs. ONT has pretty much been a red flag. Although I would rather work in my own county. The big question is this? are the rental car company locations on Airport property. If that is the case then we should do like a lot of the airport shuttles have done in regards to the lower fares by picking and dropping of at the Hotels. Ill bet uber come up with that soon.

Thanks for the feed back

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
And btw, Its called White Knight, it was jus in the dark.

I'm pretty sure they are on AP property. If not, the Geo fence should not surround the car rentals.

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
The Taxi pick up points are at the East / far end of both Terminals.

I think its a bad idea for anyone of us to approach Ont officials on this, pick ups. Leave that up to Uber Corporate.

You want to remain as incognito as possible, even if drops are ok, just my opinion. Rubber band your trade dress to the pass side visor. If a single pax, have them sit up front.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a question on UBER SURGE. Last week I saw an UBER SURGE of1.5 with RED color for Ontario Airport. I was wondering, Uber CAN NOT PICKUP from Ontario Airport and passengers CAN NOT ping for pick-up from ONT. How does this SURGE came into as RED 1.5? This was not the first time I saw this. Many times I have seen this type of SURGE at Ontario Airport. I am sure you know what question arises!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
I would say that there are one or more pax there with the riders app open. How else would it surge there? I have seen this b4. Next time I'm there I may try a request within the geo fence and see what happens.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know these are fake and we are not supposed to pick up from ONT. I don't pickup from ONT airport, period. Last week I got a pickup request from nearby 7-11 and I see passenger with luggage and a taxi standing next to the pax. I asked the pax later, how did he go to that 7-11? He mentioned to have taken that taxi from airport to 7-11. This was legal for me and the pax went to Redlands.

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
Nice. But hope you didn't have to dead head it back to LA.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did a pick up at ONT 2 days ago. but here's the story. i got a ping and it looks like the I-10 Eastbound Archibald off ramp. my thought was, is this guy stranded there? car broke down or something? so i tried to call him, no answer. so i texted him (dangerous, i know), asking if he's in an offramp. he replied: no, i'm in the baggage claim at ontario airport.

i replied back: hey, based on uber so cal rules (or whatever it is) we're not allowed to pick up passengers at the airport, but i'll try my best, ok?

he replied, ok i'll wait here.

i quickly took off my trade dress, and look around for him. found him where he said he was, and we had a nice conversation regarding this. turns out he is a cop in Atlanta, attendinga conference in Riverside.

"i wont say anything if you dont" :D

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
Thanks. So I can expect to take a couple of them to the AP. Nice...

Dreams are rooted in the reactive mind. Pay no attention to them. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE ive been driving for uber for about a year now and i love driving a series of unfortunate events has befallen me and im bearly getting back on my feet thanks to my brother but i need to lease a device from uber and i dont know anywhere around ontario i can do this please help me

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a question on UBER SURGE. Last week I saw an UBER SURGE of1.5 with RED color for Ontario Airport. I was wondering, Uber CAN NOT PICKUP from Ontario Airport and passengers CAN NOT ping for pick-up from ONT. How does this SURGE came into as RED 1.5? This was not the first time I saw this. Many times I have seen this type of SURGE at Ontario Airport. I am sure you know what question arises!!!!!!!!!
I see the same thing at PS airport but usually yellow or orange. There are taxi police there, I have been kicked out but they let me take my pax who had been waiting 45 min for a taxi.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got two requests from there last night, while the uber app was showing red at 2.5x surge pricing. Should I not go there?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts