Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber is making it so sweet right now that I'm only driving guarantees from this point . Just got a email that they are offering $1900 this week from 6am to 10am and 3pm to 10pm all week , I can do that , some guys say they didn't get the email sorry for them but I'm all on top of this , hopefully I can get my motorhome this month if they keep coming with these .

·
Registered
430 Posts
I did as many hours as I was able to this last week and got about 50 in the guarantees. I'm going to try and beat that this week. I am getting good at hiding. My longest streak without a ping is 3 hours.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just got the email about the guarantee . It's every day from 6am-10am so I have to complete just "1.5" ride and accept it and I can hide for the other 3 hours and I'll get $35 for each hour? Is that how it works?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just got the email about the guarantee . It's every day from 6am-10am so I have to complete just "1.5" ride and accept it and I can hide for the other 3 hours and I'll get $35 for each hour? Is that how it works?
If it's 1.5 per hour then you need 6 rides for the 4 hours in the morning. Get your six and then try to hide for the rest.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did as many hours as I was able to this last week and got about 50 in the guarantees. I'm going to try and beat that this week. I am getting good at hiding. My longest streak without a ping is 3 hours.
mind telling me that location?? lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just started driving south one day after dropping someone off in Alsip. I took a turn on 30 and after a while ended up in Yorkville before my next ping. Sure I put some miles on the old car but I didn't have to pretend to be interested in any passengers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can someone explain what this means and how it works?
Chicago Weekday Guarantee Sign-up 6/27 - 7/1
You're invited to a special Uber Weekday Guarantee! If you drive during the guarantee hours, meet the minimum requirements, and earn less than the guaranteed hourly rate, then we'll make up the difference. There are over $1900 worth of guarantees across 56 hours to choose from!
GUARANTEE PERIODS

AM Periods:
*Upgraded* Monday, June 27 from 6AM-10AM for $40/hr
Tuesday, June 28 from 6AM-10AM for $35/hr
Wednesday, June 29 from 6AM-10AM for $35/hr
Thursday, June 30 from 6AM-10AM for $35/hr
Friday, July 1 from 6AM-10AM for $35/hr

PM Periods:
Monday, June 27 from 3PM-12AM for $35/hr
Tuesday, June 28 from 3PM-12AM for $35/hr
Wednesday, June 29 from 3PM-12AM for $35/hr
Thursday, June 30 from 3PM-12AM for $38/hr
*All dollar figures are in gross fares

HOW TO QUALIFY
-Accept & complete at least 80% of trip requests during the guarantee period
-Accept & complete at least 80% of POOL trip requests during the guarantee period
-Complete at least 1 trip per hour online (on average)
-Drive a minimum of 1 hour per guarantee period

**Note, each guarantee period (e.g. Friday from 6AM-10AM will be calculated independently). You may drive one or more guarantee periods.

PAYMENT INFORMATION
1. In order to qualify, you must receive this message directly from Uber
2. Guarantees are based on total gross fares, inclusive of the Uber service fee
3. A 20% Uber service fee will be applied to any guarantee payment
4. Payments for this incentive will appear on your Monday invoice
5. Improper use of the Uber Partner app during an incentive may result in non-payment

* Required

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha I finally found a great hiding spot thursday night.

1 hour later 3 cop cars pull up.

Said there have been burglaries in the area and needed to know why Im sitting here in the dark lol
Be careful that sounds like the burbs your hiding in.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
This why it is in Uber's interest to ad a tip feature. Instead of hiding you would have incentive to hit hot spots. Free labor for them and more money for us. A true win win.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts