Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is that? Red Wagon always posting for her son in law's baby daddy cousin? Hehehe

It applies to me, And Ski, my big sister tied my shoes while we wuz waiting for the little bus to arrive.

....but I am asking for a friend. At the Liz Pit convention....

Dear man complains about cramps and muscle spasms from 8-10 hour driving days.

Don't worry I already suggested Midol.

Any more productive suggestions?

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you are not taking in enough fluids, your body starts shutting down in various ways. Since things are not functioning and circulating properly, your muscles start cramping up.This might be a first sign of heat stroke ..Light cardio, tons of water and regain some of your muscle tone by doing squats .I think a lot of drivers are not drinking fluids so they will not use the bathroom as often.The money you are making will be spend on recovery not to mention kidney and prostate problems down the road.Be kind to your body !

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
A daily good 30-45 minute brisk walk will stimulate the muscles that stiffen and cause the discomfort. The hip abductor/aductor muscles are areas you need to target-----they are what get stiff and hurt when you get out of your car and try to walk around after sitting for 8 hours. It's really necessary to take a mid-shift break and walk around. Or better yet, do it after your shift. I guarantee that it will revitalize you. People that sit for long periods of time are at high risk for developing blood clots in their legs that can cause a stroke or heart attack. It can also cause or irritate hemorrhoid problems.

I've been a member of LA Fitness for 4 years (not promoting them---any gym will do). The membership comes out to a $1/day. I like them because they are all over the city and I work out wherever I end up or start for the day.

All of us blow at least $1 daily on shit that does us harm. Try spending a $1 on something that benefits you. I know folks will say that they can't afford a $1 a day-----think about what cigarettes or a beer/drink a day cost you. Or others will say that they can't afford the time. Think about how much TV or time on your computer you spend on a daily basis.

I do a 1 hour gym workout every other day to strengthen back, abdominal and leg muscles. You don't need huge arms and shoulders for driving around all day so don't waste your time and trying to get massive biceps and shoulders that the Rock would be proud of. Some chest work to prevent "man-boobs would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
prostate problems
Wait. Hold on. No water? no nookie?

That will get the men drinking!

Unfortunately, for some of us, I ain't saying who, the news is too late.:(

Drink water! Keep it up!

When we finish today's yoga and circle walks---circle jerks and notes on the potties!

Guys gotta know this chit, Like Bernie Epton said...

Before its too late.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Everything that's already been said plus get out of the car and help with people's luggage. Even if you just "fake it". They might still tip you. And your legs will thank you.
I always get out of the car for PAX just to stretch. Not to mention my car has 1,001 options, but somehow remote hatch release is not one. 90% of the time, the PAX tries ripping on the backup camera ledge instead of the hatch release.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My son, actually.
I was hoping, really hoping, that you would not take any offence. Nobody loves a good sport like I do.

In turn, ask your boy what his greatest challenges are and let us know. I will block the snerts, trolls, and bots

Whilst better men than I, reply.

Or just what is bugging him today.
(did you get him a dashcam yet?)

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
If you are not taking in enough fluids, your body starts shutting down in various ways. Since things are not functioning and circulating properly, your muscles start cramping up.This might be a first sign of heat stroke ..Light cardio, tons of water and regain some of your muscle tone by doing squats .I think a lot of drivers are not drinking fluids so they will not use the bathroom as often.The money you are making will be spend on recovery not to mention kidney and prostate problems down the road.Be kind to your body !
Compounded with many drivers I would imagine drink caffeine in any form like coffee, tea or energy drinks dehydrate you faster. I think someone who claimed to be a doctor or therapist recommended that since asking you to stop drinking caffeine is impossible at the very least to drink equal parts water to caffeine. For example if you drink a 20oz coffee, at min 20 oz water. He recommended 2 parts to 1 though but must drink water water water

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was hoping, really hoping, that you would not take any offence. Nobody loves a good sport like I do.

In turn, ask your boy what his greatest challenges are and let us know. I will block the snerts, trolls, and bots

Whilst better men than I, reply.

Or just what is bugging him today.
(did you get him a dashcam yet?)
He's perhaps found something he thinks he can do that doesn't involve math, learning to do court reporting. He's going to take a six weeks free course from NCRA.org and see. (National Court Reporters Association)

Sir, you have always been the soul of courtesy and you do care, you really care, about us. You would not offend.

Yes, we got the Vantrue N2 Pro. He's liking it! The forum recommended.

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Who is that? Red Wagon always posting for her son in law's baby daddy cousin? Hehehe

It applies to me, And Ski, my big sister tied my shoes while we wuz waiting for the little bus to arrive.

....but I am asking for a friend. At the Liz Pit convention....

Dear man complains about cramps and muscle spasms from 8-10 hour driving days.

Don't worry I already suggested Midol.

Any more productive suggestions?
I know I'm last yo post, but like the others said, hydration is key. Gatorade or if you don't want as much sugar, propel water. I use these. It helps, but know where the bathrooms are.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The soul of courtesy?

YA HEAR that LoveTheBlues! LMAO...."and humble too"...mom might add:)

(just Red going forward--we gotta type between rides on little small screens with our (deleted) cups at our elbows. while watching out for ticket-trons and mayhem--which is ONE of the reasons I snert language Nazis---if you have perfect form--you are definitely sitting in your mom's basement on an aged PC)

Ms. Red,

Not Little or lil--not you:) Certainly not "wagon"

Kind of you to mention, Red. So, sonny is driving or he ain't ----LIKES driving or not?

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
He's perhaps found something he thinks he can do that doesn't involve math, learning to do court reporting. He's going to take a six weeks free course from NCRA.org and see. (National Court Reporters Association)

Sir, you have always been the soul of courtesy and you do care, you really care, about us. You would not offend.

Yes, we got the Vantrue N2 Pro. He's liking it! The forum recommended.
Good luck to him. I have a contact in the field if he passes his boards. This market is tough though. Most CSR's are contractors, and the service is becoming commoditized.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.