Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I noticed again that there's something wrong how uber calculates our driving/online time.

Everyday my car sets the starting time when I start my shift..

I had 2hrs 50 min on my clock - on the Uber app it was 3hr. 11min online.. I know what happened but want to ask you guys, your thoughts on this.

I give my answer later

·
Registered
622 Posts
The Uber app is set up in ways to deliberately confuse its users - nobody knows how the hell it works.

Easy to control users who are in a constant state of confusion.

If Uber lose the big court case, then the algorithms and the way the app works for/against drivers will come under huge scrutiny for its lack of transparency. Uber will be wide open and vulnerable to further court cases for flouting employment laws - discrimination etc.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
What's pob? Nation wide is the same with exception of some cities but our clock looks like this.

Font Screenshot Number Circle Document

However I feel like i see more drivers sitting or sleeping in their car now as you can stretch the 12 hours 2 or 3 days lol. Speaking as higher levels like xl lux and SUV, not x or pool

Reactions: Fostel

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
As a fulltime driver I look at it as a mandatory 6 hour break eventually has to be taken or it will be forced after 12 hours or 10 hours of Driving time in your case.

People don't seem to understand the driving and online part lol, we still see people when think acceptance and cancellation rate are the same.

My record is 3 working days so far. If anything it has forced me to be more efficient.

During peak season I burn 8-11 hours in 1 day easy and need more than a 6 hour break.

I am still playing around with it

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You was online at home awaiting a job before getting in the car.
No

Let me try to explain what has happened here:

I set off to work as usual, never turned off the engine..my car timer is running 2h.50

My app is on at all times..my online time should and usually is the same..but it was 3h 11 mins.

This is due to me having accepted 3 forward trips that added the extra 20mins to my online time.

This means that taking forward trips (accepting next trip while pob) the app is counting our time online and on trip double.

Drivers that have a long shift on a busy day will run out of their 10hr online limit before their 10hrs, or run out of time when they could be working another hour.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
I think there is a delay after a complete stop, I heard it is 5 mins then the clock stops but not sure. Ifeel like conserving driving time once I am parked at a location I am comfortable or at home, I go offline and back online immediately eliminates the 5 min delay.

I am not that organized and bad memory, but it sounds like you might be able to verify better than me lol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
No

Let me try to explain what has happened here:

I set off to work as usual, never turned off the engine..my car timer is running 2h.50

My app is on at all times..my online time should and usually is the same..but it was 3h 11 mins.

This is due to me having accepted 3 forward trips that added the extra 20mins to my online time.

This means that taking forward trips (accepting next trip while pob) the app is counting our time online and on trip double.

Drivers that have a long shift on a busy day will run out of their 10hr online limit before their 10hrs, or run out of time when they could be working another hour.
Think I've only ever done the whole 10 hours driving time once or twice.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The driving time
Think I've only ever done the whole 10 hours driving time once or twice.
I've never done the 10hrs, once had 30mins left, drove over 12 hrs that day.
But for the guys that do longer shifts, the fact that "get trips no waiting" can eat away on your 10hrs is a serious thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts