Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who don't get it or forgot it. At these rates, eliminating surges and tips, it is impossible to make more than $18 an hour before expenses. Most of us have expenses that equate to $5 to $12 an hour. These are the facts and none of you could agree with these facts.
Please absorb these facts and remember that when and if it get busy LOG OFF.
Uber surges are quite simple. Surges are based on supply and demand. You are the supply and the pax is a demand, if you only go on online on surges and go offline when it's not surging not only do you make a profit so do the rest of us.
If anybody would like to learn more about how surges work please private message me.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
For those who don't get it or forgot it. At these rates, eliminating surges and tips, it is impossible to make more than $18 an hour before expenses. Most of us have expenses that equate to $5 to $12 an hour. These are the facts and none of you could agree with these facts.
Please absorb these facts and remember that when and if it get busy LOG OFF.
Uber surges are quite simple. Surges are based on supply and demand. You are the supply and the pax is a demand, if you only go on online on surges and go offline when it's not surging not only do you make a profit so do the rest of us.
If anybody would like to learn more about how surges work please private message me.
Although I agree 100 percent with your analysis and methods I just think it is to late. To many new drivers, and some veterans. willing to do anything to put a few bucks in there pocket. Even if you could educate a few of them, it will not be enough to put a dent in the problem. Uber just keeps adding more and more drivers.

My only hope, and it is slim, is that when schools starts again some of the geniuses that we entrust our children to will have to go back to work and will not be Ubering. No wonder the current crop are basically idiots....the people teaching them cannot do simple math or understand the difference between profit and cash flow.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Although I agree 100 percent with your analysis and methods I just think it is to late. To many new drivers, and some veterans. willing to do anything to put a few bucks in there pocket. Even if you could educate a few of them, it will not be enough to put a dent in the problem. Uber just keeps adding more and more drivers.

My only hope, and it is slim, is that when schools starts again some of the geniuses that we entrust our children to will have to go back to work and will not be Ubering. No wonder the current crop are basically idiots....the people teaching them cannot do simple math or understand the difference between profit and cash flow.
Nope we can still work the weekends.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

In my city they cut the 25% fees down to 10% for teachers to driver during the summer. And they said uber will donate a supply basket for their classroom worth $750 at the end of the summer.

So they are pushing for the teachers hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts