Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you think Uber cares about their driver partners

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I have been driving for Uber for 1 year now and have a 4.93 rating with 2000+ rides. I just reached my one year anniversary and then I got my unexpected one year gift.

Gift? You ask what gift?

Well without notice or warning I was driving around town and suddenly my app said please sign in. A bit surprised I signed in only to be asked we need to verify your social security number. Ok I thought how odd. Then the screen pops up to say thank you for signing up with Uber. Huh?

I emailed support to see what had gone wrong? I got a scripted response saying that an annual background check was being run. I received an email from a company called checkr same day and it said here is your background report which had 7 different sections all of which were green and said clear. I emailed back to the scripted response and got another scripted response saying that my background report had come back and would be reviewed and that the process would take seven business days. I found this outrageous as a background check can easily be done inline without suspending drivers with no issues.

My concerns were ignored completely.

Seven business days pass no response so I emailed support again and received same scripted response except now there was a new range saying 7-10 business days! Hmmmm. So, 3 more business days pass and still nothing. Another email sent now the response has a new range saying it takes up to 15 business days! Are you kidding me it surely didn't take this long to sign up originally. No boys and girls it didn't as a new driver I was approved in less than 48 hours!

Now it has been 15 business days and all the email says is 15 days or more! So now there is no end date at all! How is it possible to be this slow and insensitive to a loyal partner with a clean background and excellent history with the company.

I praise them for doing background checks but the method they are using and the clear staffing issues as well as no personal communications is at best rude and at worst criminal. Personally, I have had a horrible 2018 and sadly needed the income from Uber to keep my head above water.

The simple obvious fact is:

UBER DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR DRIVER PARTNERS!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Blame it on the rapists, thieves and rest of the scoundrels Uber used to fill in the ranks to make sure the would be enough cars to drive around everyone for 1979 taxi rates. The new CEO was determined to clean up and rectify this problem. He'd raise rates to attract a better class of driver, right? Haha. Oh, no! He'd take a "Minority Report" like, pre-crime approach to screening drivers. Being a technology company, they were of course ill-equipped to have an efficient means to process all the increased background checks that would be incoming. Thus, good drivers getting caught up. Welcome to the new Uber.

UBER DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR DRIVER PARTNERS!!!!
I don't know about all that. According to the current results of your poll, apparently one in every twenty believes they do!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blame it on the rapists, thieves and rest of the scoundrels Uber used to fill in the ranks to make sure the would be enough cars to drive around everyone for 1979 taxi rates. The new CEO was determined to clean up and rectify this problem. He'd raise rates to attract a better class of driver, right? Haha. Oh, no! He'd take a "Minority Report" like, pre-crime approach to screening drivers. Being a technology company, they were of course ill-equipped to have an efficient means to process all the increased background checks that would be incoming. Thus, good drivers getting caught up. Welcome to the new Uber.

I don't know about all that. According to the current results of your poll, apparently one in every twenty believes they do!!
Check the latest results that one dentist came to their senses. Lol

P.S. One of my other polls got 827 votes with just 2 yes votes. Seems a consensus to me. Even president tiny hands gets 35%

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Have you called them? After it took 7 days to approve my annual background check, I called and i was reactivated within 10 minutes.
The fact you are ok with out of the blue randomly deactivated . Tells alot. Some are full time and cant afford that inconvenience. Smh

Reactions: jgiun1

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
The fact you are ok with out of the blue randomly deactivated . Tells alot. Some are full time and cant afford that inconvenience. Smh
I never said I was ok with that procedure, I was merely informing the OP how I expedited my yearly review. I personally dont understand why everyone is waitlisted just to do an annual background check, but its not in Uber interest to have drivers off the road for extended period of time. The more drivers the better for Uber, so there may be something that happened behind closed doors that made Uber make such a policy.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Weird. For me, I didn't even know Uber was running another "background check" until I received an email thing from Checkr.

LOL @ Uber for calling this credit report screening a background check.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Weird. For me, I didn't even know Uber was running another "background check" until I received an email thing from Checkr.

LOL @ Uber for calling this credit report screening a background check.
I gave them an earful on the phone because there's absolutely no reason to put my account on hold to run a second background check when I have already passed a first one and have been driving all this time. They are messing with my income.

It was the angriest phone call I have ever had with them, and I imagine nearly every other driver called them and had a similar conversation. I'm sure they notice when we all get angry at the same time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you live in a city with a greenlight location! Not all of us have one! Also, if you call brush up on your Thai and Swahil!
Gotcha! I did not know that this option was only available in markets with hubs.

Sidenote: anytime I've called the support rep has spoken proficient English. I've never had a language barrier issue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.