Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now a CSR for an app-based startup (not in the sharing economy), and I've noticed a few things:

1) The Uber CSRs who don't address your issue(s) are either not bothering to read your email(s) (leading to more emails per hour), or they don't care enough to help you (which is horrible). We get a ton of emails daily, and while our quantitative performance is tracked, so is our qualitative performance (we get rated). I'm sure most members on here already know this, but now that I sit on the other side of the computer, I'm confirming it.

2) Templates (scripted replies) are necessary to make it through the massive volume of emails and requests we get. But, they're not always sufficient, and usually must be modified to address the issues at hand. As long as your issue is addressed, don't be so angry that you got a scripted reply.

3) Be kind to your CSR. They may annoy/irritate/frustrate/aggravate you, but be the bigger man (or woman). If you're rude with me, I may just set your case aside for later (or let someone else deal with it), and help someone else.

4) Be patient. Didn't get your question answered (you asked about apples, and they responded with a story about chipmunks)? It's ok. Ask again. Escalate when necessary. Managers track performance, and if someone's slacking, it'll be noticed.

5) Avoid vulgarity and aggressive language. It's unprofessional and may not play well in your favor. Not only might it take longer to get a reply, the response may not even be helpful.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nice gets nice

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
It's a funnel.
Reply, and it may answer their question.
Two or three replies later, you know you have a situation that you need to address.

I've done it several times with csr"s and have found that "you will catch more flies with honey, than vinegar".

You will get a canned response... Just reply and it will escalate

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Quantity over quality. Sounds just like a TV Cable company.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I've also been a CSR of my own website. The emails that were simple and to the point got answered first. The others I would put off till later.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Thanks for posting

Uber now has a simple CSR rating system. Did they fix your problem or not. That should help with the incorrect cut and paste responses
Ever notice that sometimes when you get the email about rating the CSR it doesn't always tell you WHICH CSR or email it refers to?

Pretty useless when you've fired off 10 emails about not getting paid for cancels or drunken people who wanted to put 5 in your car, bring drinks in etc. and other issues. You don't know which CSR you're rating then.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Ever notice that sometimes when you get the email about rating the CSR it doesn't always tell you WHICH CSR or email it refers to?

Pretty useless when you've fired off 10 emails about not getting paid for cancels or drunken people who wanted to put 5 in your car, bring drinks in etc. and other issues. You don't know which CSR you're rating then.
They all copy and paste, so 1 star to everyone.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You're forgetting that the C in CSR is for "Customer."

Drivers are NOT the customer. They are the product.
As an IC Uber is the driver's client. The turnaround to that is drivers are Uber's customers as drivers pay for the technology.

If it were not for drivers the app would be useless.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I wonder how many emails are sent in to support each day on average....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts