Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this pax, nice man, talkative. Says he used to ride in taxis and how he used to tip them for their crappy stinky cars and bad attitudes. Says his friend told him about Uber and now he loves it! Well I said to myself, a nice tip coming at the end. Guess what???? "ok thanks, bye" *shuts door*

PS: he did say he will give me 5 stars!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I had two pax today I drove for an hour and five minutes from the Medical Center area in Houston, to their hotel across town in the Galleria, waited for them to drop off their stuff in their rooms, then back across town to Minute Maid Park for the Astros's game. I heard one say how he tipped a taxi driver twenty bucks once.

Did he give me a tip?

One guess...

Of course not.

·
26,804 Posts
Uber tells them that they do not need to tip. They take it seriously.

Why can not Uber tell them:

1. Be on the kerb when the ride arrives?
2. Do not leave your trash in the car?
3. Enter a destination so that drivers who are unfamiliar can get you there and not interrupt play time on your electronic toy?
4. Take care where you drop the stick or key in your address?
5. Do not ask to smoke in the car.

Feel free to add. I do not care if someone smokes, for my own purposes, but, subsequent customers do complain about the smell, so I do not allow it in the cab or UberXmobile. It is strictly a business decision.

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
I'm thrilled to death thst the cheapos left taxis.
Closest I get now are the flight crews I transport under contract.
$1.00 between 4 people? Wow that's .25 apiece! Whoohoo!

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
I love getting automatic 20% gratuity in my limo company and some people tip me extra on top of that!! And I don't even have to use my car.

Forget you uber!!!

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Another Uber Driver

1. Be on the kerb when the ride arrives? Your Uber driver is your slave and will wait for you no matter what.
2. Do not leave your trash in the car? Your Uber driver's car is your car, too! Go ahead and trash it. We pay our drivers a minimum $90K a year from that $0.75/mile trip you just took.
3. Enter a destination so that drivers who are unfamiliar can get you there and not interrupt play time on your electronic toy? Your Uber driving slave is retrofitted with mind-reading powers. Just think of where you want to go and the car will teleport there.
4. Take care where you drop the stick or key in your address? As with #1 and #3, your Uber drive is psychic and has all time on his/hands and will know where you are instinctively.
5. Do not ask to smoke in the car. Do you like this smoke-scent-free car? Of course you do! But not the next passenger after you, so ask to smoke so that then next human that has to ride here can rate this guy 1-star for not being inconvenient to you and allow you to proceed with your undisturbing, healthy habit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts