Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope all you uber drivers are telling your uber customers about ola discounts and recommending ola to them.Because the more you get on board,more money we make,so tell them about the free trips under $20 for the 1st three rides and also the other discounts ola offer.the more we get on board more money we make, I am sure we are all sick of fixed price fares !!! And i am not a ola rep i have been driving for uber for 2 years and it will only get worse if we dont try something, what is your opinion ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yup doing it in every trip. As well as tell them that Uber is charging 27.5% commission. I think I already convert 80% of my riders to Ola and Taxify :)

NOTE: When I tell them that Uber is charging 27.5% and Ola is charging only 7.5% commission, most of them are straight away download the Ola :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
I hope all you uber drivers are telling your uber customers about ola discounts and recommending ola to them.Because the more you get on board,more money we make,so tell them about the free trips under $20 for the 1st three rides and also the other discounts ola offer.the more we get on board more money we make, I am sure we are all sick of fixed price fares !!! And i am not a ola rep i have been driving for uber for 2 years and it will only get worse if we dont try something, what is your opinion ?
Do it on most Uber trips, to those people who I think are up to it ..... (Now Ola please put in proper pickup and dropoff maps of your own and implement Cancellation fees too!).

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Ola has cancellation fees you just wait at location for five minutes and cancel when rider no shows.

Reactions: Apollo

·
Registered
497 Posts
Slope Font Screenshot Parallel Terrestrial plant
Map Font Screenshot Circle Parallel
Today I took an Ola trip as a rider/pax from Woollahra to Bondi Beach and on the return leg back to my car, an UberPool ride. Screenshots below. UberPool was free and the Ola $5.80. Trying to work where to go to get picked up on UberPool was a challenge, I can now see why I am having to cancel so many no shows myself as a driver. Ola driver spend a bit of time making many wrong turns etc. to pick me up, I can now see how a driver could get low ratings. Anyway, useful experiment IMO

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Yup doing it in every trip. As well as tell them that Uber is charging 27.5% commission. I think I already convert 80% of my riders to Ola and Taxify :)

NOTE: When I tell them that Uber is charging 27.5% and Ola is charging only 7.5% commission, most of them are straight away download the Ola :)
Shouldn't ola commissions be 7.5% + 10% gst = 8.25% . If you have converted 80% of the rides so that mean out of every 10 pings 8 you should get 8 from ola and have told your riders that 7.5 % is an temporary rate . Having More sharing rides companies mean cheaper fare . Uber's surge is now suppressed thanks to ola and taxify .

·
Registered
622 Posts

7.5 is temporary
its 15% after 30 or 90 days depending when you signed up

Ola has cancellation fees you just wait at location for five minutes and cancel when rider no shows.
see that seems to work when it wants to
i have got cancellation fee when clients cancel in 2 mins
but also have been paid nothing cancelling after 5
i think ola works wonders
lol
but i favor it more over uber
all cause of fix pricing
been victim of it far too many times

Shouldn't ola commissions be 7.5% + 10% gst = 8.25% . If you have converted 80% of the rides so that mean out of every 10 pings 8 you should get 8 from ola and have told your riders that 7.5 % is an temporary rate . Having More sharing rides companies mean cheaper fare . Uber's surge is now suppressed thanks to ola and taxify .
not really
i think Saturday was surging like hell
picked up few 3x

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
when you arrive to location customer located start clock for 5 minutes if you can't tell i don't bother i usually just wait 6 minutes and cancel. Always get paid the fee.

If you are anywhere near the 5 minutes you may or may not get the fee so that why i just guess on six after hitting on customer located.

Reactions: Apollo

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
7.5 is temporary
its 15% after 30 or 90 days ...
You keep the 7.5% rate indefinitely after the introductory period provided you keep your rating at at least 4.80. Even if you drop below 4.80 and your rate goes up to 15%, the position is reviewed each month so you can have the 7.5% rate reinstated if your rating is back at at least 4.80.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
View attachment 231316 View attachment 231317 Today I took an Ola trip as a rider/pax from Woollahra to Bondi Beach and on the return leg back to my car, an UberPool ride. Screenshots below. UberPool was free and the Ola $5.80. Trying to work where to go to get picked up on UberPool was a challenge, I can now see why I am having to cancel so many no shows myself as a driver. Ola driver spend a bit of time making many wrong turns etc. to pick me up, I can now see how a driver could get low ratings. Anyway, useful experiment IMO
Did you have an Audi q7 on pool?? Lol lol lol driver is a complete dumbss

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
7.5 is temporary

lol
all cause of fix pricing

not really
picked up few 3x
Yup Saturday was crazy with UBER, I felt really bad to those people who are doing trips on OLA & Taxify at that time of the day, it was surging around 3X on UBER, where as OLA & Taxify has no surge. I turned off OLA & Taxify for those 3 hours and turned back again after 8pm

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yup Saturday was crazy with UBER, I felt really bad to those people who are doing trips on OLA & Taxify at that time of the day, it was surging around 3X on UBER, where as OLA & Taxify has no surge. I turned off OLA & Taxify for those 3 hours and turned back again after 8pm
yea it was great saturday
but mine wasnt as good as yours

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
You keep the 7.5% rate indefinitely after the introductory period provided you keep your rating at at least 4.80. Even if you drop below 4.80 and your rate goes up to 15%, the position is reviewed each month so you can have the 7.5% rate reinstated if your rating is back at at least 4.80.
Ola Dosent take 10% gst from their commission? I just don't ola or taxify can survive with a commission of 13.36% and 6.81% after 10% gst taken out in the long run . Just wait and see. Another question is why would the riders would want to use ola or taxify if the fare prices are the same .

7.5 is temporary

lol
all cause of fix pricing

not really
picked up few 3x
You must be in an area where no body is using ola or taxify . Haven't seen 3 x surge for a long time most of surges are below 2 and don't usually last long . Surely ola and taxify have effect on Uber's surging . If you just ignore the fixed pricing or whatever is doing and just look at your overall weekly earning you still be earning around $30 per hour

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.