Uber Drivers Forum banner

Oil Change Discounts

9K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  KenLV 
#1 ·
Hello,any one know where to get a oil change discount(synthetic)

#8 ·
Go to Walmart get your oil and filter. Just unscrew drain plug and filter, screw back on and fill. A little elbow grease saves you $.

I have been doing this for 30+ years. Plus I don't have issues with these fools stripping your drain plug threads.
Where do you dispose the used oil?

Even with the car wash plan discount, a full synthetic oil change is about $65.
Terribles website calls out $35 for synthetic. Yes there are fees and taxes, without out all the details you cant chose one or the other. Give a complete breakdown for the $65.

#20 ·

Terribles website calls out $35 for synthetic. Yes there are fees and taxes, without out all the details you cant chose one or the other. Give a complete breakdown for the $65.
some auto Zones let you bring in oil,but Me? i get oil changed at Valvoline,i just keep an I on them, check under car when i leave and get home, they show you the stick after they change oil,never had a issue,again, I only have done Valvoline, and once in a while Walmart, where you REALLY have to watch those guys,jmo

Just saw a sign on Ranco and Jones for a oil change (most cars) 13.95 including filter, probably not synthetic though
$14 bucks? do they use real oil, or put old oil & old in your car? asking for a friend

#16 ·
Go to Walmart get your oil and filter. Just unscrew drain plug and filter, screw back on and fill. A little elbow grease saves you $.

I have been doing this for 30+ years. Plus I don't have issues with these fools stripping your drain plug threads.
Plus some shops crank the drain plug and filter so tight, you need a breaker bar to get it loose.
I usually wait for a sale or rebate on oil and stock up. Filter too. Cost per DIY oil change is around $10.
I can get oil changes at Sears for $4.99, and I still do it myself, for the above reasons.
Free at O'Reillys or Autozone

These days depending on the car, it is most likely more to it than that. Special procedures and such.
Like what? Which cars?

#17 ·
These days depending on the car, it is most likely more to it than that. Special procedures and such.
Stick with what you know Dan, changing oil is as easy as cracking a beer. Takes me less than 10 minutes to change oil in just about any car

You gotta read the details though
You're right, I wouldn't do it but I figured it might be a place to look. Nobody touches my car. I can do anything that needs to be done, just sayin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.