Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpg
image.jpg
I didn't know what to call the preview wait time thingy, so I made that up! Haha

I've noticed that the wait time pinpoint that allows us to see how long of await it is to get a request at ORD has been extended by at least 8 miles radius. I was at the farthest point west of Elk Grove Village, and parts of Lombard this week and noticed that I could see the approximates. This is a definite change because until last week, I could only see that pin approximator once I got to the north end of Bensenville, which is directly south of the airport.

This is an added benefit for me, so I don't have to come all the way to the airport, or get close before I make the decision to go to the lot or not and wait for a request.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
430 Posts
View attachment 40595 View attachment 40595

This is an added benefit for me, so I don't have to come all the way to the airport, or get close before I make the decision to go to the lot or not and wait for a request.

Anyone else notice this?
They did the same thing for Midway. It's a great help in deciding to head the way of the airports when in the area.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I haven't been to the waiting lot in awhile...but is the number of waiting cars starting to fall off? Could that be the motivation for trying to attract cars into the lot?

Few weeks ago I was getting airport pickup pings from mt prospect and Schaumburg...so im guessing the lot must have been empty. A couple were Pool pickups so I'm assuming those were just passed over by any waiting drivers though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Where is the waiting spot anyway?
Last week I mistakenly drove into the 'commercial' drivers waiting lot.
I was surprised how they shouted out to welcome me and offered some of their lunch. Really friendly bunch.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I haven't been to the waiting lot in awhile...but is the number of waiting cars starting to fall off? Could that be the motivation for trying to attract cars into the lot?

Few weeks ago I was getting airport pickup pings from mt prospect and Schaumburg...so im guessing the lot must have been empty. A couple were Pool pickups so I'm assuming those were just passed over by any waiting drivers though.
Same here, last week I received an O'Hare ping from the western edge of Rolling Meadows on the border with Schaumburg (20 min drive to pick up- Ha)

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
I was surprised how they shouted out to welcome me and offered some of their lunch. Really friendly bunch.
don't hate the player, hate the game (and the occasional colostomy bag passenger).

waiting lot is across from the car rental agencies on Bessie Coleman Drive. Driveway is less than 100 yards south of the Cell Phone Lot. Or just look for the cars that seem to be standing around in the middle of nowhere west of Bessie Coleman Drive.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Holding lot address is 600 Schlitz Road, Chicago IL. Use GPS the first time you go and afterwards it will be burned indelibly into your memory.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure if it is a android thing or not, I don't do iphone, but the pinpoint appears the closer you get to Ohare and mdw. All you have to to is click on it and it gives you approx. Wait time.

How do you see that symbol? Is that an android only feature because lately at ohare I no longer get any timer?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I noticed that also..i already got a couple of requests for pick-up at ohare airport ..and i live in Arlington Heights. .i think its a good idea also..but it doesnt show estimate on UberSelect. .I think they should put what number/order you are in especially if you do Select...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

There were a lot less cars in the lot yesterday morning. I found an actual parking spot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts