Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Who knows maybe some of em are well-trained by guarantee/quest/pdb/referral farmers and honestly believe that ALL drivers want the 2 mile 9 minute minfare ride

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think the DF matches riders "going your direction" even if they are going 1 mile in your direction, and you had to drive 5 miles in the wrong direction to pick them up. I have had lots of those.
DF is a POS and for the most part useless.. I live in the Valley, and figured out pretty quickly when I've set it to home from Santa Monica or Westwood near the 405 that it actually routes you across Los Angeles to the 101 which is a total joke..

If I'm trying to get home and I'm near Wilshire and the 405 then I am expecting it to take me over the 405 to where I live on the otherside of the hill (ie- Sherman Oaks)

Not route me through rush hour traffic via Hollywood which will take an additional 2 hours before I'm even close to home!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The Uber destination filter.

At Santa Monica Pier 5pm, put in Woodland Hills and rather than send you PCH to Topanga or Malibu Canyon they send you the 10 to the 405 to the 101.

DF only works efficently when there is one or two short distance ways like LAX to Santa Monica via 405 or Lincoln

·
Registered
617 Posts
The Uber destination filter.

At Santa Monica Pier 5pm, put in Woodland Hills and rather than send you PCH to Topanga or Malibu Canyon they send you the 10 to the 405 to the 101.

DF only works efficently when there is one or two short distance ways like LAX to Santa Monica via 405 or Lincoln
Thanks for the insite.. Figured an address West of the 405 might work out better but not had much luck with it in the past

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
I think the DF matches riders "going your direction" even if they are going 1 mile in your direction, and you had to drive 5 miles in the wrong direction to pick them up. I have had lots of those.
I don't take that slop, I call first to prequalify trip and tell them to cancel if it's not at least half way to my destination setting.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Dear Uber,

Please fix the Destination Filter to work for the driver.
1) Trips that go two blocks "towards our destination" are useless
2) If I set my destination 20 miles away, then i wouldn't mind getting trips that are within the vicinity (even if they are off by a couple miles).
3) DON'T give us a trip that goes away from our destination just to get us closer to a freeway.

·
Premium Member
63,102 Posts
A lot of times they will try to use the old "we're not going far" line as an excuse to pile in more than 4 pax. GTFO!
" were not going far. Just 18 more bags of groceries and we can start the trip !" Even worse when you cram 430 pounds of their luggage in your trunk and discover they're going 5 blocks to a cheaper hotel !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Dear Uber,

2) If I set my destination 20 miles away, then i wouldn't mind getting trips that are within the vicinity (even if they are off by a couple miles).
3) DON'T give us a trip that goes away from our destination just to get us closer to a freeway.
Precisely, seeing that a destination filter eliminates any incentives at least permit us to choose route and have pickups in between our point A to B. Traveling 10 minutes East, West or especially South does us no good to go 5 minutes in the direction we wish to travel North.

Keep in mind, we are using the filter because a UBER/LYFT passenger took us to the North 40, it's not like you disclose to us the destination beforehand.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Dear Uber,

What was their reply?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.