Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summons for "NO SEATBELT SIGN OR STICKER IN REAR OF TLC VEHICLE"

Another uber driver (black car base) was issued this summons by 2 female NYPD officers at the west bound transverse on 66th street. I have never heard of seatbelt signs that needs to be placed on the back of a tlc vehicle. To me it looks like they just needed to meet their quota. Another driver said he was issue a summons by the same 2 females for having all 4 windows tinted at 18% but she never used the tint meter machine and told the judge that they "looked too dark" so that was dismissed.

I have attached a picture of the violation and the violation code from the NY DMV page.

https://dmv.ny.gov/e-data/violationcodes.xlsx

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I believe it is for livery and taxi only.
That's what I thought too but now we have to deal with this BS of NYPD fake summons. I always take the transverse when in the city to get across and so far have never been pulled over when if this crap ever happens to me and my PBA card and shield does not help I am going to IAB and CCB and making those officers life a living hell.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
But under nys law we would fall under OMT which would mean we are taxi

https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/com...-fees-vehicle-use-taxes-and-supplemental-fees

New York City

Bronx, Kings (Brooklyn), New York (Manhattan), Queens, Richmond (Staten Island)

All passenger vehicle original registrations and renewals

• Vehicle use tax - $80 for 2 years ($40 / year)
  • Livery and for-hire vehicles in these registration classes - $400 for 1 year 3
    • Livery (OML)
    • Bus (OMR)
    • Taxi (OMT)
  • Supplemental MCTD fee - $50 for two years ($25 per year)
Note: The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission regulates all "TC" vehicle plates. All registrants for "TC" vehicle plates must pay the vehicle use tax.

but the law doesn't state it has to be in rear of vehicle. so put a sticker or magnet inside the car take a picture and send it in as proof.

51. (a) Every taxicab and livery registered in this state shall have posted therein the following notice:  "Seatbelts must be available for your use.  Please buckle up."

(b) The notices required to be posted pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subdivision shall be posted in a manner legible and conspicuous to passengers in all seating positions of such vehicles.

http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/vehicle-and-traffic-law/vat-sect-375.html

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But under nys law we would fall under OMT which would mean we are taxi

https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/com...-fees-vehicle-use-taxes-and-supplemental-fees

New York City

Bronx, Kings (Brooklyn), New York (Manhattan), Queens, Richmond (Staten Island)

All passenger vehicle original registrations and renewals

• Vehicle use tax - $80 for 2 years ($40 / year)
  • Livery and for-hire vehicles in these registration classes - $400 for 1 year 3
    • Livery (OML)
    • Bus (OMR)
    • Taxi (OMT)
  • Supplemental MCTD fee - $50 for two years ($25 per year)
Note: The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission regulates all "TC" vehicle plates. All registrants for "TC" vehicle plates must pay the vehicle use tax.
Damn, so now I will have to hail a yellow cab get a short ride in traffic to give me enough time to steal their seatbelt sign or go to a yellow cab base and buy it from them as I can't find anywhere to get them. :confused:

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Damn, so now I will have to hail a yellow cab get a short ride in traffic to give me enough time to steal their seatbelt sign or go to a yellow cab base and buy it from them as I can't find anywhere to get them. :confused:
print it out at home there are no Specifications to the sign use it right now till you get a better one i am print out one right now

·
Registered
639 Posts
Please dnt take it out of a yellow taxi and risk that driver of getting a ticket that's grimey and super petty. Go buy one

1 - 20 of 39 Posts