Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Hi guys,

The sales tax for Juno is already included in the base fare and is then paid by the rider.

I hope that answers your questions!

Juno
I'll say it again, then why tell us that we are getting 1.75 a mile why not put what you are really paying the driver which is 1.59 a mile. Otherwise it's a blatant lie.

Uber/Juno on!

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Hi Rustyshackelford,

When Juno is showing the base fare we are showing what Juno will be charging the rider, that is why the sales tax is included.

Since this sales tax is being charged to the rider, as it should be, it does not effect the drivers take home.

Juno
Um no. That's just a cop out. When you buy a tv in bestbuy is the price advertised with the sales tax? Or the food you order off the menu. No it's not. It's whatever the price is. Then you should advertise it as 1.59 per mile (which is what you're paying the driver of you're deducting sales tax) plus tax. So the customer can get used to seeing sales tax on the invoice so if and when the rates do go up (doubtful) this issue will be moot. When you tell the driver the rate is 1.75 that should be the rate he is paid at. Minus commission and black car which is to our benefit.
Like I said you guys are no different than uber to this point. Assuming uneducated drivers won't question these things.

· Registered
1,983 Posts
I think uber I mean drivers guild and Juno should comment on this. If sales tax is included in the fare why do we get paid more when we drop off in jersey. That proves we are paying for sales tax. Because when we drop off out of state. We still get the 1.75 without sales tax deducted. Good catch Alex.

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Either we (drivers) are paying sales tax or they are charging passenger a sales tax (example NYC to nj) that they weren't supposed to.

But can't have it both ways... If it's in the "fare" then what's the base+milage+time rate for non tax trips...
That just proves the driver is paying the sales tax. For poops and giggles let me contact the attorney generals office and see what they think.

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Lyft is very sneaky, I think if we all email them they might stop doing that, if they are faced with a class action lawsuit they will be required to payback all the tax money they have pocketed on interstate trips.
Nope. They are quite smart. They just say that is their commission and they take care of sales tax. So when there is no sales tax, They get a little more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.