Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am originally a cab driver from NYC Im in Dunedin now. I am thinking of driving full time. How much money do you think is possible to make driving full time? What would be the best weekday hours? I figure Thurs - Sat nights would be better to work at night not early morning days. I have a 2006 BMW 330XI. I know its going to be way different than driving for a dispatched cab company in NYC . I would like some tips and info from you experts out here. Im not too familiar with the best routes/roads out here I rely on my GPS which has been pretty good so far. Just need to learn what to avoid during rush hour and stuff like that since Im new to the area. Any tips on how the app works?
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know what class of service Uber would assign me too using my BMW 3 series? Would it be UberX or better?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi I am originally a cab driver from NYC Im in Dunedin now. I am thinking of driving full time. How much money do you think is possible to make driving full time? What would be the best weekday hours? I figure Thurs - Sat nights would be better to work at night not early morning days. I have a 2006 BMW 330XI. I know its going to be way different than driving for a dispatched cab company in NYC . I would like some tips and info from you experts out here. Im not too familiar with the best routes/roads out here I rely on my GPS which has been pretty good so far. Just need to learn what to avoid during rush hour and stuff like that since Im new to the area. Any tips on how the app works?
Thanks
My friend take some advice from me and don't do uber full time here in tampa. I've do stuff on the side and have been doing full-time for a year now and it's just average or just plain bad. You will be lucky to hit 600 a week.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
That's if your lucky and work all the busy hours including a few hours a day outside the busy hours. According to my last summary Uber claims I could have made at least 273 dollars more. Totals out to about 500 bucks a week, and I'm pretty sure that's before uber takes its cut. Uber part time weekends and a few hours a week with a full time gig on the side is the only way to go in this area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts