Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started driving and have only picked up a couple rides to feel it out. I will say it feels odd having strangers get in my car and I'm sure the feeling will lessen with time. But I made a whopping $9! ;)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Hey, thanks for sharing. I have family in New Bedford, that's why I asked. You are so close to the Connecticut border. Did your Greenlight Hub tell that you could only drive in MA? Do you plan on driving in Chicopee or Springfield?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not know what the "Greenlight Hub" is. I am hoping to eventually pick up riders from Bradley Int'l Airport. How can I tell if I can do that?

As of now, most of my driving will be concentrated in the Northampton/Hadley area, as there are a lot of "earthy-crunchy" people as well as Smith College and Mount Holyoke nearby.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Making money comes with time. You have to know where to drive. I'm in ri and the rates are much lower and I average 22 per hour before I count gas and wear and tear on my car

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
OK, so a "Greenlight Hub" is the Uber location that helped you sign up. They have them in California, but maybe it's different in MA. When I signed up, they said I could only drive in California. I know that the states are a lot closer on the east coast, so maybe it's different there. You will get the rate for driving associated to the location you signed up at.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That is not the case here. I signed up in Rhode island and I can drive in RI,CT and MA and I get the rate that the trip originates from

1 - 10 of 10 Posts