Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May not be relevant, however had my number plates stolen last night in Lambton Newcastle my car is unfortunately parked on the street however last night was the first night I had left the uber sticker on just thought I would pass on.

·
Registered
345 Posts
maybe whoever stole them hasnt bothered to re register their own car, with rego plate scanning and all, just steal one, and as long as its valid, rego scanner wont catch them maybe,

·
Registered
930 Posts
May not be relevant, however had my number plates stolen last night in Lambton Newcastle my car is unfortunately parked on the street however last night was the first night I had left the uber sticker on just thought I would pass on.
Did you have Hire Car number plates? Maybe the thief was so eager to do Uber Black that was his only option....

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
usually done to commit robbery or other illegal deed in similar car/model. perfect for the guy/girl that get dragged into the interview room for half a day and trying to explain to the authorities that ur license plate was stolen and it wasn't you that committed that crime.

the detective asking you the same set of questions a million times over and asking you to tell them ur side of the story for the hundred and one time again :D such good and fun times! So where were you again on this time of the day again? What were you doing again? Can anyone vouch for you that you were doing what you said you are doing?

In which case the criminals that stole the plates only have to get rid of the plates not the entire car which would otherwise be absolutely required. Which allows them to use the same car for multiple crimes before getting rid of it.

Anyways good luck. Make sure you cancel ur plates and get a full refund from the DOT and get new plates issued. In ur best interest to do that asap or in all likelihood face been framed. Only people that benefits is the criminals and yes ur lawyer in court :cool:

Reactions: Apollo and BKilla

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Anyways good luck. Make sure you cancel ur plates and get a full refund from the DOT and get new plates issued. In ur best interest to do that asap or in all likelihood face been framed. Only people that benefits is the criminals and yes ur lawyer in court :cool:
Given your area and one crime maybe invest in some of those funky triangle headed screws that you can only undo with the right type of screwdriver?

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
I certainly wouldn't point the finger at another forum member, and I don't know if he would travel that far to satisfy his indulgences in this particular predilection, but have you asked Franco Cozzo about your missing number plates?

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
I just like to watch.........
Interesting.......I remember Chauncey Gardiner saying something very similar in a particular cinematic 'love scene' and it eventually enabled him to have the ear of the POTUS.

Who knows Franco, perhaps soon you might be advising 'the Donald' with your oft repeated message about $8.00 p/h $12.00 p/h. :)

Glory Days!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Police have been in contact it would appear that it had nothing to do with uber sticker they put my plates on another car that was stolen to purportrate a major crime of some sort (police would not elaborate what exactly) not just a drive through of petrol station to get some free fuel. It has been a pain in the arse for me though $105 for new plates (slimline black and white ones), had to contact insurance company to update policy, CTP insurer, leasing company and roadside assistance people. All this before contacting Uber, was able to change online through help section and done within 2 hours, Taxify and Ola have had to email got a response from Ola saying they are looking at it but no success yet and yet to hear from Taxify. I am looking at what I can do to ensure they are more secure in the future will pass on if I find better alternative than just the anti theft screws.

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
Police have been in contact it would appear that it had nothing to do with uber sticker they put my plates on another car that was stolen to purportrate a major crime of some sort (police would not elaborate what exactly) not just a drive through of petrol station to get some free fuel. It has been a pain in the arse for me though $105 for new plates (slimline black and white ones), had to contact insurance company to update policy, CTP insurer, leasing company and roadside assistance people. All this before contacting Uber, was able to change online through help section and done within 2 hours, Taxify and Ola have had to email got a response from Ola saying they are looking at it but no success yet and yet to hear from Taxify. I am looking at what I can do to ensure they are more secure in the future will pass on if I find better alternative than just the anti theft screws.
I don't want to say "I told you so" :oops: Anyways hopefully the authority isn't going to bring you in for questioning and drag you over the coals too.

Anyways better luck in the future.

Reactions: Apollo

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
:D
usually done to commit robbery or other illegal deed in similar car/model. perfect for the guy/girl that get dragged into the interview room for half a day and trying to explain to the authorities that ur license plate was stolen and it wasn't you that committed that crime.

the detective asking you the same set of questions a million times over and asking you to tell them ur side of the story for the hundred and one time again :D such good and fun times! So where were you again on this time of the day again? What were you doing again? Can anyone vouch for you that you were doing what you said you are doing?

In which case the criminals that stole the plates only have to get rid of the plates not the entire car which would otherwise be absolutely required. Which allows them to use the same car for multiple crimes before getting rid of it.

Disturbingly, you seem to be very knowledgeable on this subject. :D

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
:D
Disturbingly, you seem to be very knowledgeable on this subject. :D
Security Agent. Kinda is my job ;) wouldn't be very good if i don't know anything about what goes on about things :oops: All comes down to risk management.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts