Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how many people went to NRG for the surge that never came?

·
Registered
330 Posts
dont qualify for guarantee this weekend. Turned on the app, picked up close to NRG, brought second pax to NRG. Get a text - I won a golden ticket too :p makes my afternoon!

·
Registered
41 Posts
All guarantees uber giving lately are BS! All they wanted to do is to get the drivers out to get pax! Uber does not give a shit if driver makes any money

·
Registered
40 Posts
As I understand it, for a surge to happen, there have to be a lot of requests AND not enough drivers online at the same time. Lately, there are so many drivers out anticipating a surge, that it doesn't end up happening. Sound about right?

·
Registered
357 Posts
So how many people went to NRG for the surge that never came?
Not me. With a gazillion people driving around on the weekend you are more likely to spot a unicorn than a surge. Surges are overrated.

Did you notice for a surge area, the surge rate display states 1 - 1.4 X, for example. Which is pure bullshit. So you could be in a surge "geofence" and still get only a 1X rate. I have been in active surge areas and did not even get a single ping. That's some creative programming.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Not me. With a gazillion people driving around on the weekend you are more likely to spot a unicorn than a surge. Surges are overrated.

Did you notice for a surge area, the surge rate display states 1 - 1.4 X, for example. Which is pure bullshit. So you could be in a surge "geofence" and still get only a 1X rate. I have been in active surge areas and did not even get a single ping. That's some creative programming.
It's like Pavlovian conditioning to try to get us to follow a biscuit around town.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually, the surge rate display always starts at 1 and goes to whatever the highest surge rate is at that moment. Regardless, whatever rate is active is the rate you'll get from a ping in that area.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Actually, the surge rate display always starts at 1 and goes to whatever the highest surge rate is at that moment. Regardless, whatever rate is active is the rate you'll get from a ping in that area.
Lag aside, if you don't uber will fall back on the 1.0 UP TO argument. They like to say UP TO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts