Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on how to locate the pax? The aTm-ASU game had me losing my mind. Do riders actually go to the brown lot for pick up? Or do we just try to locate the rider/ pax...this was my first time at an event at NRG...ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED! Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would be surprised if too many passengers followed Uber's advice to go down to the brown lot. I had a couple of passengers a few weeks back and went to their location which was a couple of blocks away from the lot. A couple others cancelled on me because it took me a few minutes to get to them because of road closures (these were not at the brown lot either). BTW, the brown lot map that I got in an email from Uber showed incorrect location at the south side of Murworth Dr and Lantern Point Dr. According to the stadium's website, the actual location is at the corner of 610 and Fannin St.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Any tips on how to locate the pax? The aTm-ASU game had me losing my mind. Do riders actually go to the brown lot for pick up? Or do we just try to locate the rider/ pax...this was my first time at an event at NRG...ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED! Thanks everyone.
You go to the brown lot. Call them. If they're not there you can wait for 5 mins and get the cancel and wait for another ping or cancel immediately.

They are told to go there and should be there ready. You can get ticketed for picking up elsewhere.

You should try the rodeo...

Yes it's a complete clusterf***.

Or you go to the Holiday Inn or Pets mart and pick up the smart folks who walk away THEN call for Uber. That's what I do.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I suppose you could cask them and tell them to go to the Holiday Inn or PetSmart when you first get the ping before you get there...

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
You are only allowed to pick up/drop off at the brown lot.

Only 1 in 10 riders will ping in that lot. The other 9, will be on the other side of the Stadium. Good luck on getting them to walk.

That surge is only for so long. Might as well as pick up before they realize the surge is gone and cancel and re-request a non-surge.

Dropoffs? Head in that general direction. Once you get stuck in traffic, the riders will not want to wait (15 cents a minute for sitting there???) They will want to get out. What do we do? Use the child lock and kidnap them? I let them get out, turn around and drive off.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The "Brown Lot" that Uber talks about is the old Coors Light Brown Lot in the Harris County Annex M on Murworth. It is no longer part of NRG event parking. The new Brown Lot is what used to be the Coors Light Maroon Lot to the southeast of the Arena on Fannin. The even more confusing part is that the sign for the new Brown Lot on Fannin still says Maroon Lot and the gate number directional arrow on the 610 service road is still Maroon, not Brown.

There used to be a nice NRG style sign at the entrance to the Harris County Annex M saying Uber Pickup/Dropoff. It looked just like the other parking info signs around the stadium. It disappeared abut ten days ago. I had gone out to take a pic to post and it wasn't there any longer. I don't know what happened to it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I stay as far as I can away from NRG stadium. It not worth picking up there, driving around looking for some idiot pax. I learned my lesson last year at the rodeo. Never again, I don't give a damn how much it's surging.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I stay as far as I can away from NRG stadium. It not worth picking up there, driving around looking for some idiot pax. I learned my lesson last year at the rodeo. Never again, I don't give a damn how much it's surging.
I agree, although I'd consider taking a pax to NRG if it was early enough, but picking up, I don't think so under the current situation.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I had a guy walk up and offer me $50 cash to take him to galeria. I told him I was waiting on my rider to arrive, but he could download the uber app and have a driver shortly. I even offered to help him with the download. He just walked away. The pax had already spoken with me and had my instructions on how to find me. He arrived 8 minutes later with his girlfriend and we had a nice long ride at surge rates. Still hate that we cannot take hails, but I think it is a slippery slope if we ever cross that line.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I worked the Rodeo some last year, but just drop offs. Was the surge high to pick them up too? I hope for the same surge for the next rodeo. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

·
Registered
384 Posts
So did we ever figure out where the brown lot was? I'm going to be driving tomorrow morning, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have pax wanting to go to the Texans game. Why couldn't they just have left the the uber drop off at the teal lot?

·
Registered
384 Posts
The uber lot for NRG is the first parking lot on the right on murworth coming from main st. I already had a drop off there this morning.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The Uber sign is back at the "Brown lot". Had three pickups after the game today. First one canceled because they wouldn't walk to the Uber lot, wanted to be picked up at the stadium. Popo doesn't allow cars eastbound past Lantern Point Rd for a while after the game. I waited for the pax for ten minutes then they canceled. I didn't get the cancel fee because I wasn't at the requested location... which would be the 50 yard line. Lesson learned.

Second pax were Uber pros, and although from out of town, knew to walk to a place where they could actually be found and picked up. Third pax was a stadium worker and I was able to pick him up at the stadium since it was well after the game.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I try to educate all Pax...when in a crowd look for your driver, be at an easy pick up location and show your phone face light to let your driver know you are a Uber Pax looking for your driver.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
The Uber sign is back at the "Brown lot". Had three pickups after the game today. First one canceled because they wouldn't walk to the Uber lot, wanted to be picked up at the stadium. Popo doesn't allow cars eastbound past Lantern Point Rd for a while after the game. I waited for the pax for ten minutes then they canceled. I didn't get the cancel fee because I wasn't at the requested location... which would be the 50 yard line. Lesson learned.

Second pax were Uber pros, and although from out of town, knew to walk to a place where they could actually be found and picked up. Third pax was a stadium worker and I was able to pick him up at the stadium since it was well after the game.
You email uber and tell them you were at their assigned pickup spot. Send a copy of their email or text saying that if they question it.

And wait 5 mins next time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts