Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that in 2015 Uber showed the pickup and drop off AFTER accepting the request but BEFORE starting the trip?

I've never heard of this before.

What I have heard from many early drivers is that the destinations have ALWAYS been hidden during the ping.
Yes back in the day it would show the pickup point and then it would show the drop off point right below it didn't last long though I guess because of a cherry picking.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that in 2015 Uber showed the pickup and drop off AFTER accepting the request but BEFORE starting the trip?

I've never heard of this before.

What I have heard from many early drivers is that the destinations have ALWAYS been hidden during the ping.
I drove in 2016 we had like a 10 second ping for UberX. We were not told an amount just miles and a crude map of where you are and where you pick up and drop off, but it went by so fast that it didn't make a difference. You could accept and not know it was a 150 mile ride. Often you would drive 5 miles to pick up the customer wants to go 1 mile and you were paid $2.32 for the ride, that was before tipping in the app when Travis said no tipping no problem in ads.

Like others said for food I need to know the restaurant because there are ones to avoid at certain times, I need to know the miles and the pay and a map so that it does not take me to the next city where I have to pay a toll to come back.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Including guaranteed hourly pay like they do in California, and not counting tips.
Interesting… just recently (couple of weeks ago) Uber was running a “promo” like that in my area. “Earn $200 for your next 25 orders. In other words, if you took their crap orders and didn’t net $200 for 25 trips, they’d pay the difference. Say, you only earned $4 per order, and 25 orders got you $100, UE would pay you $100 more. Obvi one needed to take only the crappiest offers to qualify, but this could have been a trial run for them.

A much easier option would be to increase payouts. But they won’t do that until they figure out how to skim tips.

·
Premium Member
9,640 Posts
Interesting… just recently (couple of weeks ago) Uber was running a “promo” like that in my area. “Earn $200 for your next 25 orders. In other words, if you took their crap orders and didn’t net $200 for 25 trips, they’d pay the difference. Say, you only earned $4 per order, and 25 orders got you $100, UE would pay you $100 more. Obvi one needed to take only the crappiest offers to qualify, but this could have been a trial run for them.

A much easier option would be to increase payouts. But they won’t do that until they figure out how to skim tips.
I'd love to see a promo like that. Then I would only take short deliveries (15 minute or less estimated time) regardless of the payout. I'm guaranteed $12.50 per delivery assuming I can get 20, works for me!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I'd love to see a promo like that. Then I would only take short deliveries (15 minute or less estimated time) regardless of the payout. I'm guaranteed $12.50 per delivery assuming I can get 20, works for me!
the problem is they would tell you what rides you have to pick, you will be sent to long drive thrus etc. They will send you 12 miles out for $12. And if they include tips in the pricing as to what they consider pay, that's a loss to the driver. They still cherry pick in California to boost their earnings with tips.

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
You gotta love the way these companies brag about how "transparent" they are.

Hiding the restaurants? LOL

Trip mileage without an address is about as useful as mammaries on a bull.

In my market (Metro DC), 2-mile deliveries are created extremely unequal. The difference between one 2-mile delivery and another 2-mile delivery can be like night and day as far as the various factors that affect trip time including traffic, parking, restaurants, apartment complexes, trips to the boonies, etc.

This is why knowing the drop-off addresses is vitally important and why I refuse to do delivery work unless I know where the drop-offs are BEFORE I accept delivery requests.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Do you just get that note if you are under 50%? Is there a way to see your acceptance and cancellation rates? My Account tab doesn't show me these. Nice to see I can apparently decline half of them, but some nights I decline a lot more. Always wondered what Uber considered a high decline rate.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Do you just get that note if you are under 50%? Is there a way to see your acceptance and cancellation rates? My Account tab doesn't show me these. Nice to see I can apparently decline half of them, but some nights I decline a lot more. Always wondered what Uber considered a high decline rate.
Yes you can see the current (last 10) acceptance rate, they put it in one of the tabs at the top (last trip earnings, current day's earnings, etc.) so it's easily accessible lol

You don't have it because it's not in your area, they're still experimenting with it either right now.
Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia Circle

41 - 60 of 63 Posts