Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Just when some people thought Uber couldn't stoop any lower they proceed to outdo themselves yet again.

This is an act of desperation or hubris. Either way it will backfire bigtime on asswipe Dara and his gang of henchmen at Uber HQ.

In November 2018, UberEats started showing the destinations. Simultaneously they slashed driver pay (which had already been cut at least 3 times in 2 years) by switching from a miles+minutes rate card to a secret "black box" driver pay model.

Despite the pay cut drivers made more money because being armed with destination info enabled drivers to avoid taking the garbage unprofitable orders.

Now Uber's trying to force drivers to blindly accept garbage orders at horrific pay rates.

If you think turnover is massive now watch how much more massive turnover will be if Uber tries to do this.

If they do this to me I'll quit.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
You ain't seen nothing yet as far as turnover is concerned if they try to do this.
Sad part is you will have ants that will take those jobs and praise Uber for giving them these low paying jobs…

Uber awhile back sent me a message stating that $10.00 an hour was a profitable wage for a driver and that is why our rates were so low, and I laughed because even McDonald’s is paying more per hour without using my vehicle!

Dara cares so little for his driver’s and believe that he has a unlimited resource of driver’s and by implementing such rule changes it will not cost Uber a thing…

I am happy I have Hub and Dash as my alternative source of income and sooner or later Uber will end up being sold or closed down…

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,294 Posts
Just when some people thought Uber couldn't stoop any lower
I stopped thinking that... quite a few years ago.

There's always a new low, w

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Don't they already have something that if you are not gold, which says you need 100 points to get, but then you get it and there are other nearly impossible qualifications) that they will won't show you the map in the north/south aspect, So you can see the distance and the stores but you can thing you are headed home when it's the opposite direction. Lucky for me my area is shaped a certain way, so unless it's zoomed I can tell where it is. Plus I usually have DD running and only see the pop up box.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
It is very simple. I will do Uber eats until i make money. As soon as they try to make me work for less I stop doing it. Of course there will be a few desperate drivers will keep doing it until they figure out it coast them money to deliver food... The worse you at math the longer it takes...

·
Premium Member
7,200 Posts
lol so they will hide the pickup address? So now you won't know if you're getting pinged by that same closed restaraunt 20 times?

Even before this change making money driving UberEATS was a dubious proposition.

I only see the value really in UberEATS for doing a quick trip for UberPro points or to meet a quest bonus.

By hiding the trip information, that means I won't even do ubereats at all except for the last trip in a quest near the quest deadline. My general theory on UberEats is I will do it if I think it will take less than ten minutes. I ignore the pay as it is because they pay is negligible aside from super rare high tip deliveries, which again still aren't even that great if the delivery takes an hour to do because the restaurant is notorious for waiting half an hour after you arrive to prepare the food..

A 45 minute eats delivery might pay you $6 while a 10 minute delivery might pay you $3. No money in it either way.

I expect this will result in a lot of undelivered orders. It may cause some ants to accept orders they would otherwise reject, only to cancel them when they find out it is a closed business or a crap business that can't be timely.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
7,274 Posts
Accept ping, get food, see the distance is too far, car Uber Support and tell them to cancel the order you are giving the food back to the restaurant. Make it as miserable on Uber as you can. Since this is in the testing phase you have a chance to make them reconsider it.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts