Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do we treat pax just as we do NYC riders? I’m actually a Philly registered driver as it just makes more sense in south NJ but uber is on me about inspections and I just don’t feel like taking 2 trips to Philly to inspect the 2 cars I use so I’m probably going to switch back to NJ

·
Registered
353 Posts
do we treat pax just as we do NYC riders? I'm actually a Philly registered driver as it just makes more sense in south NJ but uber is on me about inspections and I just don't feel like taking 2 trips to Philly to inspect the 2 cars I use so I'm probably going to switch back to NJ
According to the law you don't need to.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
do we treat pax just as we do NYC riders? I'm actually a Philly registered driver as it just makes more sense in south NJ but uber is on me about inspections and I just don't feel like taking 2 trips to Philly to inspect the 2 cars I use so I'm probably going to switch back to NJ
It'd be your choice actually. The difference with NYC is there is no choice for us period, only TLCs can pick up there but with Philly you do the inspection, get the sticker and you can happily get trips back. You could just wait until you get a trip there with each car and make it a point to have it inspected at that time if they are open of course lol.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Been driving for almost 2 years in PA and NJ, no Penn dot stickle. Have actually seen a Penn dot inspector come by my car while parked at a meter resting in full Uber Lyft sticker, but no problems.

I think he was making sure that I had feed the meter.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
PENNdot ... uber is giving me until July 9 according to the texts but still it's 2 hours round trip times 2 cars plus however long I have to sit at pep boys
Here's my recent experience. I went to Fairless Hills, PA Pep Boys, where I went last time I needed a PennDOT. 1st time, no problem. Last month, I scheduled a 8am appointment. I went across to IHOP for breakfast, just to find out they didn't do anything because they said I had 3 months until expiration; problem was the sticker expired in 2017
..duh. Then they come back to say my car needs tie rods; problem #2, just had the tie rods done at the dealership. So Fairless Hills is close to the NJ border With AND a stones throw to Sesame Place, but they might try to get you for an unnecessary repair.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No 2 years ago I was still doing a lot of philly work and got my penndot but as a nj driver I had no way to upload it and so I went to the philly office and they changed me to Philly on the spot

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
Here's my recent experience. I went to Fairless Hills, PA Pep Boys, where I went last time I needed a PennDOT. 1st time, no problem. Last month, I scheduled a 8am appointment. I went across to IHOP for breakfast, just to find out they didn't do anything because they said I had 3 months until expiration; problem was the sticker expired in 2017
..duh. Then they come back to say my car needs tie rods; problem #2, just had the tie rods done at the dealership. So Fairless Hills is close to the NJ border With AND a stones throw to Sesame Place, but they might try to get you for an unnecessary repair.
pep boys NEVER releases a car "no problems found" - EVER. they always 'find' something wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
That was 2 years ago. Now Uber is deactivating while checks are being run nationwide.
Bull crap...... i love how people talk about something they haven't experienced. You've been deactivated/waitlisted??? For months now and aren't a NJ/Philly driver.

I had a random check done today, checkr sent me the alert, I wasn't deactivated while they did it. They also switched me from NJ to Philly in April with no down time, without going to a hub.
I just was transferred to Philly/Pa with no down time. Instant check and transferred.

New Jersey driver I may be moving to New Hope PA by end of year? What needs to be done and when should I start to change over to a PA driver. Also can I drive in NJ an PA?
Go to the Philly HUB near the airport. No issues with check you SHOULDN'T have issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.