Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
You can find same the pay, but with a much better, cleaner, and easier job elsewhere.
No need to to risk your health for a paltry sum of money.

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Some would equate an Uber Driver and "meat processor" as being the same description!:LOL:

Any driver that knows what they're doing should figure out how to gross more than $22/hr and driving people around, listening to music, and drinking coffee in a clean car is a whole lot nicer than working at the slaughterhouse!

If you're anting around for $12 gross per hour then it's time to find a new way to make money although I can't imagine a scenario where being a "meat processor" makes the list!

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
If you have ever spent any time in a production line/factory environment consider; that now add that you're working with raw meat. Uh uh.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Some would equate an Uber Driver and "meat processor" as being the same description!:LOL:

Any driver that knows what they're doing should figure out how to gross more than $22/hr and driving people around, listening to music, and drinking coffee in a clean car is a whole lot nicer than working at the slaughterhouse!

If you're anting around for $12 gross per hour then it's time to find a new way to make money although I can't imagine a scenario where being a "meat processor" makes the list!
While I agree with you, business for LyUber is not the same in all cities. While I used to make more than $24 an hour, it’s gotten real bad for me in my city with the influx of returning/new drivers and my income has taken a severe nosedive.

While I can probably make more by doing nights and weekends, I won’t. I hate the clientele too much, so now, if I can find a decent job at $22 an hour, I’d take it, though for religious reasons, I can’t do the meat plant work.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
While I agree with you, business for LyUber is not the same in all cities. While I used to make more than $24 an hour, it’s gotten real bad for me in my city with the influx of returning/new drivers and my income has taken a severe nosedive.

While I can probably make more by doing nights and weekends, I won’t. I hate the clientele too much, so now, if I can find a decent job at $22 an hour, I’d take it, though for religious reasons, I can’t do the meat plant work.
What hours/days are you working? What areas are you working?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
The new location I am at I can average $33 to $41 an hour, so let me think about playing with meat or driving… I play with my meat freely and then will drive…

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
If that were the case, why don't humans recoil at the sight of a steak? :rolleyes:
Because they suffer from cognitive dissonance mainly. They also try not to associate it with the animal once it's been fully butchered. The fact it is an animal is much harder to ignore during butchering. It's like my Mom, she could never kill an animal, yet she eats meat, and she is bothered when I remind her it was an animal.

I'm the opposite, I would hunt and kill an animal and eat it before eating a steak, and I have butchered and eaten animals in the past. My mom was highly disturbed when gutted a quail and defeathered it on the kitchen sink, and then cooked it.

But I do not eat meat any more.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Because they suffer from cognitive dissonance mainly. They also try not to associate it with the animal once it's been fully butchered. The fact it is an animal is much harder to ignore during butchering. It's like my Mom, she could never kill an animal, yet she eats meat, and she is bothered when I remind her it was an animal.

I'm the opposite, I would hunt and kill an animal and eat it before eating a steak, and I have butchered and eaten animals in the past. My mom was highly disturbed when gutted a quail and defeathered it on the kitchen sink, and then cooked it.

But I do not eat meat any more.
It's also like asking the question, "How can people work in a morgue and be around dead bodies all the time?"

The answer is because of the second half of the question: they're around dead bodies all the time, so it no longer bothers them.

Also why it's important to protect children from harmful behaviors.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Most people don't have a clue what or where their food is from. Not to mention what's actually IN the food itself.

Kopi Luwak. A very expensive coffee, the bean of the coffee is ate by a primate and then crapped out roasted ground percolated and served to you

most food has some sort of bug particles Allowed by law in the processing.

some artificial vanilla can be made from the anus sacs of a beaver.

Forehead Glasses Smile Jaw Happy

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
most food has some sort of bug particles Allowed by law in the processing.
Its hard not to have the occasional bug get caught up in the works. But some red food coloring is directly made from beetles.

Who knows... Accidentally eating bug particles might be the only thing giving me the trace nutrients I need to keep me alive.

Also, we all have tiny arachnids that live on the hair follicles on our face and eat the grease that comes out of our skin.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
What hours/days are you working? What areas are you working?
I typically work 5/5:30AM to 4:00PM. The areas I work would be middle class to lower class taking people to work, airport, or doctor appointments. I was doing well, around $180-$250 a day and spending around $35 on fuel at the most.

This all changed once September hit and University Students came back. I avoid university pick ups like the plague. 9 times out of 10 the trip is under $3.50 and can take over 15 minutes to drive to, wait on them to come out and then take them a mile down the road.

Surge has all but disappeared, and when it does pop up, even if I’m sitting right under it, my app won’t let me get it unless I decline a trip for t to refresh. Restarting the app does nothing.

Airport went from 15-20 cars to 45-60 who just sit there all day as well. It just seems everything is worse and I refuse to accept all the shit they send in hopes of the algorithm would take care of me like other drivers think it would. So I’m looking at jobs to supplement my income until I can decided if I want to spend time going to school, get a cdl or take my foot off the gas in front of an Amazon truck.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
I typically work 5/5:30AM to 4:00PM. The areas I work would be middle class to lower class taking people to work, airport, or doctor appointments. I was doing well, around $180-$250 a day and spending around $35 on fuel at the most.

This all changed once September hit and University Students came back. I avoid university pick ups like the plague. 9 times out of 10 the trip is under $3.50 and can take over 15 minutes to drive to, wait on them to come out and then take them a mile down the road.

Surge has all but disappeared, and when it does pop up, even if I’m sitting right under it, my app won’t let me get it unless I decline a trip for t to refresh. Restarting the app does nothing.

Airport went from 15-20 cars to 45-60 who just sit there all day as well. It just seems everything is worse and I refuse to accept all the shit they send in hopes of the algorithm would take care of me like other drivers think it would. So I’m looking at jobs to supplement my income until I can decided if I want to spend time going to school, get a cdl or take my foot off the gas in front of an Amazon truck.
You may not like this, but I recommend changing your work shift - at least thru the fall to late December - to Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights, 6pm - 1am.

Those college kids are your big money makers this time of year on the weekends. Just make sure to STOP before the bars start closing down, or you will get some belligerent kids puking in your car.

Guarantee you’ll bump your earnings back up to 30-35/hour, with less hours.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Back in the day being a butcher in a shop or in grocery stores was a really good paying job. They were actually trained professionals though. On a Tyson assembly line or something, I don't think I could do that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts