Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,301 Posts
Most people complain on twitter, then Uber picks up the complaint from there, so it doesn't go further.

Reactions: Paimei

·
Super Moderator
15,301 Posts
And that's only three days worth.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That comparison is not fair.Most riders using uber usually take their problem up with customer service through the app whereas taxi riders do not know who to contact most times thus ending up contacting the city for problems.
Taxi riders in Chicago know EXACTLY who to contact and that's dialing 311....where their complaint will promptly be filed under "miscellaneous nonsense". But obviously 6,000 files made it in the right filing cabinet.

And this doesn't take into account when either cab rider or driver had to call 911!!!!!!

·
24,235 Posts
One of the reasons that some regulators actually like Uber is that it does handle its own complaints. It does not hesitate to do the worst that it can do: de-activate.

I used to be an Official of a cab company that handled its own complaints. More than once, my company received a letter from the Taxicab Commission with an attached complaint letter. The Commission nastygram always asked what the company "intended to do about it" and directed the company to return a detailed explanation of what it had done "about it". The company had received the original of that letter quite some time before and had done the worst that it could do: kick out the driver. I wrote more than one letter back to the Taxicab Commission detailing this. I used to add: "We have done already the most that we can do in this situation: we expelled the driver from the company six months past. We can not take his hack licence, as we did not issue it to him. The Taxicab Commission issued him the licence.".

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Uber is going to do the least it has to as long as the city doesn't kick some Uber ass. As Uber comes to dominate the markets it serves the complaints are going to resemble the complaints against taxis that have been made over the years. The biggest difference is that most Uber X drivers have no idea where they're going without the vaguely accurate GPS and Uber's turnover rate guarantees that most drivers are newbies. If BACP ever actually enforces the taxi and ride share regulations a lot of these issues will be resolved. One of the biggest reasons that taxi service is so bad is that many taxi drivers are ringers and not the actual licensees. If the driver has no English competency how did he/ she pass the public chauffeur license exam? If UberX drivers are required to actually know something about local geography the whole business model will collapse.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Even at $5, medallions are a scam and overpriced.

When was the last time you had to pay a penny to get an office job or a job at McDonalds?

·
Super Moderator
15,301 Posts
7 in 3 days let's round up to 3 a day and you get 1095...still less than taxis.
More like 11, but my point is that most complaints about Uber are handled by Uber.

We really don't know how many complaints are recieved by Uber via FB, Twitter, emails, directly through the app, etc.

If I remember correctly, complaints (I'll have to look it up) is one of the items Uber has to report to the CPUC. That may be one reason Uber is so protective of its "trade secrets".

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Even at $5, medallions are a scam and overpriced.

When was the last time you had to pay a penny to get an office job or a job at McDonalds?
I just applied at a company in my former line of work and they want you to pay for a background check online before proceeding with the resume submission. End of that.

I worked for a car dealership briefly. Sounds crazy but I love cars and something I thought I'd be happy with. You had to bring your OWN computer everyday which a co-worker that I had to share a desk with promptly spilled coffee on rendering the keyboard and wifi useless. We had to pay $140 for business cards ($140!!!) to be payroll deducted over 3 pay periods. They then wanted me to purchase 2 shirts and a jacket with their logo and have that payroll deducted too. I walked out the split second I was finally paid for a sale that was made 3 months prior.

InstaCart wants you to pay $25 for one of their thermo/insulated bags to deliver groceries. I'm sure some customers enjoyed some melted ice cream last Summer.

Where do you live?

I'll hand one thing to Uber. There was a $200 sign-up bonus when I joined and that paid for gas to get me started.

·
Registered
154 Posts
seriously i never understood why they cost so much in the first place. who the **** fronts a quarter million to only get maybe a few grand at the end of the year? It's way to risky i did the math and the cab has to make 27.39 per hour 24/7/365 JUST TO BREAK EVEN. i didn't even put in the cost of the car, hiring a driver, repairs, downtime etc..

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Medallions are a regulated commodity. There is only x amount available per city. Great example, nyc had 13,xxx since the 1930s. The real money is not in driving the cab but the resale value when you want to cash out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Medallions are a regulated commodity. There is only x amount available per city. Great example, nyc had 13,xxx since the 1930s. The real money is not in driving the cab but the resale value when you want to cash out.
These idiots with a capitalist mindset. I glad they are losing money for doing nothing at all. They knew the risks. Welcome to being poor. sucks right. LOL! Only we have always been here they are just getting the reality of losing everything. . . oddly satisfying to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts