Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For months, I have been texting paxs when I arrive to tell them the color of my car and that I have arrived... Today, I received a text from Uber saying that their records indicate that I am contacting passengers more frequently than my peers.... You have got to be kidding me! Honestly, I don't want to be their employee but I want them to back the f*&k off with their controlling behavior...

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
For months, I have been texting paxs when I arrive to tell them the color of my car and that I have arrived... Today, I received a text from Uber saying that their records indicate that I am contacting passengers more frequently than my peers.... You have got to be kidding me! Honestly, I don't want to be their employee but I want them to back the f*&k off with their controlling behavior...
When you arrived, it seems app does not notify pax.
You need to text em.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you arrived, it seems app does not notify pax.
You need to text em.
I know.... it has been even more important since the recent upgrade of the App that we notify them since b/c of a lag in notification.

Has anyone collected a no show cancellation fee since the app was upgraded? I can't get a straight answer from Uber re: when the clock starts ticking for the cancellation fee since we no longer hit arrive. I'm more hesitant to cancel after 5 minutes from the time I actually arrive. This is another reason why I send the text. Proof of when I arrive.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next Uber will be giving you a script to follow when talking to the pax while on the trip, they must really be board to come up with this shit
They clearly do not care or feel threatened by the current allegations against them that they are drivers' employer given all of the "control" they have over how drivers do their job... So arrogant. They alleged to in the text that this somehow interferes with their technology. We all know that's a bunch of BS.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I know.... it has been even more important since the recent upgrade of the App that we notify them since b/c of a lag in notification.

Has anyone collected a no show cancellation fee since the app was upgraded? I can't get a straight answer from Uber re: when the clock starts ticking for the cancellation fee since we no longer hit arrive. I'm more hesitant to cancel after 5 minutes from the time I actually arrive. This is another reason why I send the text. Proof of when I arrive.
Yeah I've collected a few, since the upgrade, but I feel like if pax don't cancel right away, they're smart about coming out or contacting me before the 5 minute mark......

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

i have collected a few as well, clock starts not on arrival but when it says you are zero minutes to pick up, often it will stay at two minutes when you are at the pin, clock starts ticking at zero so somtimes you gotta move

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
i have collected a few as well, clock starts not on arrival but when it says you are zero minutes to pick up, often it will stay at two minutes when you are at the pin, clock starts ticking at zero so somtimes you gotta move
You can start the arrival manually. Bypass the automatic arrival feature. Many times mine doesn't activate because the pin is so far back at the pick location

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Yeah I've collected a few, since the upgrade, but I feel like if pax don't cancel right away, they're smart about coming out or contacting me before the 5 minute mark......
Agree passengers know how much time they have and they come out at the last second. Fine by me. They take the entire 5 minutes they're getting a 3*

·
Registered
857 Posts

Last weekend i timed it. 5 min 4 seconds cancelled no show. I was paid

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
You can start the arrival manually. Bypass the automatic arrival feature. Many times mine doesn't activate because the pin is so far back at the pick location
Have you been paid on one of these? when I mannually start arrival it still shows 2 mins so I assumed it didn't start the clock but have yet to test it

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How do you manually arrive? I noticed a few times the app gave me to option at the bottom of the screen but not all the time....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had pax tell me they never got a notification even when MY app says 'rider has been notified'. I've started texting pax with the same information Gemgirlla has been using. If poober has a problem with it I will make the same face as my avatar. I also opted out of text alerts so I doubt I'll be seeing the same 'warning' you have been seeing.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've had pax tell me they never got a notification even when MY app says 'rider has been notified'. I've started texting pax with the same information Gemgirlla has been using. If poober has a problem with it I will make the same face as my avatar. I also opted out of text alerts so I doubt I'll be seeing the same 'warning' you have been seeing.
It's ridiculous. And, no point telling Uber that paxs aren't getting notifications... they will have so BS response. Tonight was the first time I haven't sent an text and the pax called me looking for me. It was a busy place and I was parked right next to where he was standing but his back was to me. I told him that Uber doesn't want us contacting them to let us know when we arrive. He was surprised.

Since it seems so many drivers got this text, I'm not going to worry about it and will continue to text paxs. It will save us all a hassle.

Reactions: Uber Chick
1 - 20 of 36 Posts