Uber Drivers Forum banner

Notified Shell fuel discount going up in July

2K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  kingcorey321 
#1 ·
Font Parallel Electric blue Rectangle Magenta
From 5 cents to 25 cents. see attached screen shot

See less See more
#6 ·
They sent me a fuel rewards card in the mail that you slide before your credit card. Or you can create an alternate ID (I use my phone number). Press "rewards", then "alt ID" and enter it before you slide your credit card.

is that for the regular rewards or gold/platinum?
I'm not sure of the requirements; but I have the gold rewards with Lyft.

#8 · (Edited)
Have to admit I really like this and the new feature with platinum where they show the estimated ride length. I don't have the Lyft Shell gas card but will be getting it. Heck I'm at Gold level right now and I will seriously consider whether I want to bump up to Platinum. 50 cents a gallon is huge and Shell gas is among the best (even though gas is considered a parity product largely).

#20 ·
Around here I notice Shell gas is usually 1-5 cents more per gallon than WaWa. But that is about the same with the other gas stations too.

For example gas buddy says a local shell is at $2.61 per gallon. The local Wawa is $2.60 per gallon. So with the platinum discount that would be $2.11 per gallon! I'll take that gladly assuming there is no catch. That's about a $5 savings per tankfull for me.

#19 ·
I like the speedway rewards and locations is my primary station

Ractrac second and we have a wawa infestation down here, but no good locations near me, but considering my 3rd girlfriend lol

#25 ·
It's two transactions at the pump. First I press the button for "rewards" and key in my alt ID (telephone number). Then I go to the pay portion and insert my credit card, with a regular transaction from then on. Around here Shell's price is pretty similar to other stations. I have gold and this is an incentive to do the 85 more rides I need to get platinum for the .50/gal savings.

#27 ·
This Shell fuel discount is a slap in the face to all drivers by Lyft and is meaningless. Basically be a good ant, drive the fornicate out of your car for three months and we'll give you a discount on gas.

They should do a fuel surcharge. Other businesses have done it; shipping companies, transportation companies, even the airlines. Where do you think baggage fees came from? Initially a response to high fuel prices. Customers in other industries pay expenses. Not here.

The riders should be paying a $1/trip (passed through to the drivers, no Uber/Lyft cut) fuel surcharge. This would help tremendously.

The reason Lyft doesn't is because it's run by ignorant passive aggressive snowflake (rhymes with wussies). I actually despise Lyft more than Uber. Uber's straight-up in their disdain for drivers. Lyft's is much more hidden and subtle.

#35 ·
It's two transactions at the pump. First I press the button for "rewards" and key in my alt ID (telephone number). Then I go to the pay portion and insert my credit card, with a regular transaction from then on. Around here Shell's price is pretty similar to other stations. I have gold and this is an incentive to do the 85 more rides I need to get platinum for the .50/gal savings.
I'm going for gold right now...need 25 more rides by Saturday to make it. No problem.

To me, this is a big thing. Using Gasbuddy app, I can find several Shell stations that are always near the cheapest in the RDU area. I will save a substantial amount of money on fuel...on my car AND my wife's car.

Oh...and while I do uber pickups as well.

#37 ·
still getting the .50c a gallon off i just did it 1 hour ago. and a gallon of gas here in mi is 2.38 a gallon after discount. thanks lyft it helps now you just need to give me a vip for piking up at the airports.

still getting the .50c a gallon off i just did it 1 hour ago. and a gallon of gas here in mi is 2.38 a gallon after discount. thanks lyft it helps now you just need to give me a vip for piking up at the airports.
no limit on fuel i have been hitting the station daily 10 / 12 gallons daily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.