Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dumb question from the newbie here. How do you actually get the fuel discount when you go to the pumps?
They sent me a fuel rewards card in the mail that you slide before your credit card. Or you can create an alternate ID (I use my phone number). Press "rewards", then "alt ID" and enter it before you slide your credit card.

is that for the regular rewards or gold/platinum?
I'm not sure of the requirements; but I have the gold rewards with Lyft.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Have to admit I really like this and the new feature with platinum where they show the estimated ride length. I don't have the Lyft Shell gas card but will be getting it. Heck I'm at Gold level right now and I will seriously consider whether I want to bump up to Platinum. 50 cents a gallon is huge and Shell gas is among the best (even though gas is considered a parity product largely).

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
I like the speedway rewards and locations is my primary station

Ractrac second and we have a wawa infestation down here, but no good locations near me, but considering my 3rd girlfriend lol

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Even with the discount, Shell prices around here are a rip-off.
Around here I notice Shell gas is usually 1-5 cents more per gallon than WaWa. But that is about the same with the other gas stations too.

For example gas buddy says a local shell is at $2.61 per gallon. The local Wawa is $2.60 per gallon. So with the platinum discount that would be $2.11 per gallon! I'll take that gladly assuming there is no catch. That's about a $5 savings per tankfull for me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts