Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,086 Posts
lately I'm noticing this new phenomenon of flashing the headlights instead of honking. What gives.
It is less agitating to some people
Blowing Horn results in shootings sometimes where I drive.
There have been a BUNCH of interstate shootings in last few years. May be a serial shooter ?
You know Uber navigation,will put you on interstate for 1/2 Mile even.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Only flash lights at people with high beams on in city or at someone with no lights at night, or very very rarely trying to alert police presence.

·
Super Moderator
3,075 Posts
Probably noticing that a bunch of people flashing each other because. Everyone and their dog is installing overly bright low beams that blind everyone. People who install HID lights in reflector designs instead of projector design blinding everyone as well.

It's really becoming a huge problem. BLINDING LIGHTS AT NIGHT. People shouldn't be changing bulbs without reading on what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
HIDs been around for 20 years, most of them are illegal also the bulb should be projected downwards. I put it in the same category as the giant spoilers on a 17 second 1/4 mile car.mostly for dbags and kids.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
There's sections in The City where honking will get you a $350 fine. Let's say a cop notices right by Midtown Tunnel, there's a BMW and a TLC plated car in a honking match... guess who gets the summons faster?!?! There are even visible signage about it, only in certain areas (Crown Heights?! You can't at all!).

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
God the people who flash their high beams and honk their horns...

I hated when people would turn their high beams on when I would switch lanes.. like dude I'm trying to switch lanes.. you blinding me to the point I can't see where you are makes no sense.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I do that all the time and combination , always watch for pedestrians , or communicate with fellow drivers , plus with pax , I always flash three times so they can find me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts