23,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now this. 2.1X in Crystal City...

Ecoregion World Map Atlas Line

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
the quirks are happening at IAD as well...yesterday from Manassas it showed only 6 cars in the queue, but no surge on the end of a holiday weekend...then as I meander north, boom, 85 people in the queue. destabilization of Uber and Lyft is the goal. Make them work so they can't spend time tinkering with us.

·
Registered
841 Posts
It would be very interesting to see what the upfront price is from DCA to downton Washington with the geofence. I bet Uber is charging pax surge price & trying to pay drivers non-surge. Otherwise, why else would you geofence a “sure thing”! (Sure thing = DCA pax needing rideshare).

Right now Uber (Monday 10am)
DCA to Marriott Marquis
Pool - $11.85
X - $17.15

Righ now Uber (Monday 10am)
DCA to Potomac, MD
Pool - $33.34
X - $39.52

Will compare next time there is surge & geofence

·
Banned
5,383 Posts
It would be very interesting to see what the upfront price is from DCA to downton Washington with the geofence. I bet Uber is charging pax surge price & trying to pay drivers non-surge. Otherwise, why else would you geofence a "sure thing"! (Sure thing = DCA pax needing rideshare).
Not really to downtown DC there is the metro for that. Now I do bet they have surge pricing for people going to a place away from where the metro services.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not really to downtown DC there is the metro for that. Now I do bet they have surge pricing for people going to a place away from where the metro services.
You get DCA to downtown DC but it's mostly tourists who don't know how to or just flat out refuse to use public transit. I have a friend who refuses to ever use public transit so when we travel together, she just uses Uber to get around whatever city we're in.

She lives in a Southern city that has almost no viable public transit so she just transplants her weird home habit to whatever city she visits. She's also the type of person you would most often run into when doing short Uber hauls along Constitution and the National Mall area.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
DCA to Capital One Arena right now at my rates...
Pool - 12.70
X - 14.39

Lyft - 13.81
Line - 8.71

everyone should run the numbers...we know uber and lyft are pricing everyone different

·
Premium Member
23,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DCA to Capital One Arena right now at my rates...
Pool - 12.70
X - 14.39

Lyft - 13.81
Line - 8.71
Rohit knows you're more likely to pay more.

That Line fare isn't much more that Metro when you take out the $4 'fornicate you' airport fee

·
Registered
134 Posts
Really Uber. Geofencing the Pig Pen Surge yet AGAIN????

View attachment 218863
They've been doing this EVERYDAY for over a week now. I have therefore stopped doing airport pick ups there.

Anybody got a surge ride from there, is it real or just fuber trying to pull for dca?
The surge in that area is created automatically since the DEMAND at DCA is so high. Not sure what compelled Uber to start killing the surge there but I ain't doing any pick ups if they're deliberately restricting surge.

The wait time for an Uber at the airport must be so high.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts