Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am with UberMan. I support change for the better but I do not support it in this manner. We need to regroup and rethink this strategy.

I will be working the entire weekend and I will be avoiding any rider with a 5 star rating to avoid these new accounts being created to try and stop us drivers that decide to work.

We know nothing about this guy Abe yet we are willing to follow him. I am not for this at this time.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
LMFAO. Man, that guy hasn't just been drinking the Kool-Aid, I think he's got an IV feeding it right into his veins. I was ready for him to break out the guitar and start singing Kumbaya.

I am not following "Abe", that person just happens to have been the person who decided to push this into action. Good luck that weekend, I won't be driving.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prematurely decided to push this into action without much thought and game planning. Hell is demands have changed 3,000 times.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was able to get thru about 3:30 minutes and I became more wary of "uber man" than Mr Abe
Hussein. The issue at hand is not about Mr Hussein. It's about uber and it's questionable business practices toward uber "partners" which if you take the time to read the definition of partner you will quickly realize that neither did uber.
Ubers Travi Kalanick is the 21st century's version of the 18th century Industrial Age tycoons who steamed rolled over the working class. If uber is allowed to carry on then more companies will follow suit and a new working class will emerge that the word obscene will not do it justice. No one wants to put uber out of business, but it was uber created the situation we face today. I respect your right to drive when and whenever you choose, just understand that this is a two way street.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was able to get thru about 3:30 minutes and I became more wary of "uber man" than Mr Abe
Hussein. The issue at hand is not about Mr Hussein. It's about uber and it's questionable business practices toward uber "partners" which if you take the time to read the definition of partner you will quickly realize that neither did uber.
Ubers Travi Kalanick is the 21st century's version of the 18th century Industrial Age tycoons who steamed rolled over the working class. If uber is allowed to carry on then more companies will follow suit and a new working class will emerge that the word obscene will not do it justice. No one wants to put uber out of business, but it was uber created the situation we face today. I respect your right to drive when and whenever you choose, just understand that this is a two way street.
I don't disagree with anything you say. What makes it about Mr. Hussein is that he came out with guns blazing without much planning or thought behind it. Others will follow but in my opinion this was just too soon. Should have been done differently.

Good luck to everyone no matter what direction you go. I support everyone's opinions.

·
Registered
311 Posts
not taking the advice of abe or that tool randy at this point.

Reactions: mizzrock

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I seriously do believe that über man Randy is now being paid by Uber to do pro-Uber videos. Looks like Uber even gave him Uber shirts to wear whilst relaying ubers messages to us.
Either way he is going to expose Abe for the fool he is. I understand this is about the drivers now and Abe just lit the fire, however did he light it to soon?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While Abe doesn't come across as great representation, neither does the weak-ass video above. At least Abe appears to have some balls.
I don't look at Randy to lead anything, I just like that he is trying to open our eyes to who started this process. It's up to us to either make it our own, or postpone it until we have better ammo.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I have to agree with his remark on not causing any property (vehicle) damage on fellow drivers. I already get the occasional empty water bottles thrown at me by taxi cab drivers at hotel pick-ups.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
When I first heard news of the strike and saw Abes 1st video I was like "ok, I dig it"

but once he got to talking about telling people to initiate fake ride requests and cancellations I changed my mind.

I don't want to be a part of circus lead by unethical clowns. (oh wait.. uber lol.. but you know what I mean!!)

Protest all you want and demand fairer treatment!! But you don't do it offensively and unethically.

Protesting outside of a company and throwing rocks through windows will only get you a criminal charge and unemployment,

That Abe kid got deactivated and that is as far as he will get.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I first heard news of the strike and saw Abes 1st video I was like "ok, I dig it"

but once he got to talking about telling people to initiate fake ride requests and cancellations I changed my mind.

I don't want to be a part of circus lead by unethical clowns.

Protest all you want and demand fairer treatment!! But you don't do it offensively and unethically.

Protesting outside of a company and throwing rocks through windows will only get you a criminal charge and unemployment,

That Abe kid got deactivated and that is as far as he will get.
I agree with you 100%

·
Super Moderator
15,313 Posts
I am with UberMan. I support change for the better but I do not support it in this manner. We need to regroup and rethink this strategy.

I will be working the entire weekend and I will be avoiding any rider with a 5 star rating to avoid these new accounts being created to try and stop us drivers that decide to work.

We know nothing about this guy Abe yet we are willing to follow him. I am not for this at this time.

Hmmm, he didn't want to comment, he DID make this video, and he has ANOTHER video coming up.

Glados "likes" his post.... reason enough to think it's an "uber approved" video. ;)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
No offense to anyone here (because it's not directed at anyone and I don't know you from Adam) but I'm going to say it..

A lot of people don't have the IQ, drive or mental capacity to do much more in life than be an underachiever!!

I'm sure there are a ton of really great, professional and ethical drivers here on this board and across the globe but there is also a ton of people that aren't. That goes for any person really. There is always more to every story than meets the eye and you have to be very careful of the amount of value and trust you place in other people. Especially the ones you know nothing about.

·
Super Moderator
15,313 Posts
This is bigger than this Abe guy, he may have started it but no one is striking because of him or for him.

I don't agree with throwing rocks or damaging others property. The making requests and canceling, I'm kinda on the fence about.

Drivers are striking because THE DRIVERS are fed up with Uber.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
It doesn't matter. The word is out that drivers will create false pick-ups. That means if you're involved in the strike you are involved in the false requests whether you participated in them or not.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts