Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think he folks in the Burbs are friendlier and tip better. Not that they tip well anywhere. Seems most the folks inside the loop are busy and talk on the phone most the time. I prefer the burbs. City potholes will have me doing struts twice a year I'm sure. I'm just out of my element downtown. I'm a country boy.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I think he folks in the Burbs are friendlier and tip better. Not that they tip well anywhere. Seems most the folks inside the loop are busy and talk on the phone most the time. I prefer the burbs. City potholes will have me doing struts twice a year I'm sure. I'm just out of my element downtown. I'm a country boy.
agreed. do you know how to replace them yourself? otherwise off Uber income alone you won't be able to afford parts and labor for replacing struts twice a year. I really need to replace mine but I'm no where near being able to afford it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
But this is where Uber wants you to drive. Hell I even heard they enticing people with the raffle again. Lmao you go boy!

I will say everyone needs to do as Uber says. It will make you a $1000 a week easily just like the advertising says. Never mind the struts in no time you will be the Tijuana taxi Uber wants. o_O

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yes, I do all my own repair on mechanical parts.
Yep I will be replacing my Prius electric inverter coolant pump in a couple of days. Shop wanted $800 dollars for it and the pump with 2 gallons of special pink coolant is just $175 so that is ordered and on the way. I'll use the saved money to buy pre-sprung struts which I will do myself and have money left over for a new set of good touring tires.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Yep I will be replacing my Prius electric inverter coolant pump in a couple of days. Shop wanted $800 dollars for it and the pump with 2 gallons of special pink coolant is just $175 so that is ordered and on the way. I'll use the saved money to buy pre-sprung struts which I will do myself and have money left over for a new set of good touring tires.
I heard when you replace your struts there's a few other things you should replace as well. Someone gave me this list:

1. Upper and lower spring isolators
2. strut mounts
3. strut bearings
4. bumpstops and bellows

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I heard when you replace your struts there's a few other things you should replace as well. Someone gave me this list:

1. Upper and lower spring isolators
2. strut mounts
3. strut bearings
4. bumpstops and bellows

What do you think?
At minimum inspect them. However there is a guy on ebay that I picked up a COMPLETE strut/spring assembly. unbolt the old, put in the new. The ones for my Honda were 120.00 shipped to my door. I was thinking they obviously were lower end, and probably would fall off, but they actually are great. I use the Honda as a commuter car, but have been Racing and working with suspensions for years, and am picky. I am pleased, and will be buying the complete rebuild kit and doing the rest of the suspension.
All I can say is that is my experience,was good and they have a number to call and get a human if you need to.

here is a link to his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/primechoiceautoparts/

RC

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
At minimum inspect them. However there is a guy on ebay that I picked up a COMPLETE strut/spring assembly. unbolt the old, put in the new. The ones for my Honda were 120.00 shipped to my door. I was thinking they obviously were lower end, and probably would fall off, but they actually are great. I use the Honda as a commuter car, but have been Racing and working with suspensions for years, and am picky. I am pleased, and will be buying the complete rebuild kit and doing the rest of the suspension.
All I can say is that is my experience,was good and they have a number to call and get a human if you need to.

here is a link to his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/primechoiceautoparts/

RC
Interesting. To bad he has nothing for Toyota's. I plan on going with all OEM anyway.

have you heard of Track Time Performance? shop in NW Houston that used to do a lot of race work on honda S2000's and other cars. I took my cars ('04 R32 and '07 STI) to him since I didn't and still don't know how to install anything. I brought him KW coilovers for my R32 and then when I traded it for the STI I brought him Öhlins struts. They were $2,300. I bought the last set in the country. Now I drive for Uber in a Camry accumulating peanuts.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
cool.. no never heard of them, there are so many shops in the Houston Area. For the most part I do my own work.
here are some Camrys: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pieces-Front-Rear-Set-Shocks-Struts-For-Toyota-Camry-Ltd-Lifetime-Warranty-/351489306422?fits=Model:Camry&hash=item51d6652f36&vxp=mtr

Nahh.. I am more an American and German car guy. Current toy is ALLL AMERICAN ;)
And NO it is NOT a Hemi!! *grin*

RC
I love american cars too. What really turned me on to them was driving the new corvette earlier this year.

2015-06-06 16.06.09 HDR.jpg

oh and the R32 I mentioned was an all german car. In fact it was assembled in Germany as well, while most VW's are not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts