Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
This has been happening to me for the last two weeks on every order Iv called support they just hang up or act like they can’t hear me n hang up I really need some advice on who to speak to about this surge problem I deserve to get paid was I was told I would.............plz help

· Registered
55 Posts
This has been happening to me for the last two weeks on every order Iv called support they just hang up or act like they can't hear me n hang up I really need some advice on who to speak to about this surge problem I deserve to get paid was I was told I would.............plz help
They probably can't hear you. The last time I called support I could hear a baby crying and dogs barking in the background. Support isn't in a center. You're talking to someone who likely is being paid pennies per hour in a very poor area and country who works from their tiny little shack of a house on a terrible VOIP connection.

In regards to the surges, I've spoken to a number of drivers. They get some of them but a lot don't get paid.

Support may give you the surge if you have screen shots and it's a small amount. But that's a lot of work.

Larger surges won't be paid. They'll tell you flat out it's an App Error on your end your problem get a better phone.

Surge is being phased out.

Also Estimated 40 Hours Pay Calculator dropped to $861

That's online time. Factoring offline time and costs like fuel car maintenance etc:

Driving for Uber is a gamble between literally losing money for every hour worked, to perhaps if you really work the system maybe net after costs a few bucks an hour at best.

· Registered
55 Posts
I gota disagree I make good money on here and the flexibility of the shuttle is unheard of but the surges don't get addressed and it's bs I'm hoping it gets fixed soon
I'm sure it's their top priority.

Considering they are WAY over staffed and unemployed workers are applying to drive at rates they can't keep up with.

They don't have to pay surges. Not any more. THEY KNOW if they stopped paying them they'd lose 30% of their drivers = still more than they need by far.

Seriously. Surge is DEAD.

· Registered
55 Posts
But why post surges if u won't pay them why not just don't put it u kno idk seems like my app is glitched or I'm getting burned they should just have a nother way to talk to somebody besides these damn idiots that answer now
Because it keeps drivers on the road to some extent.

You have to view what's happening with the correct optics to understand from a business strategy standpoint Uber is simply doing what's in its best interest.

- Uber knows that not paying surges will result in increased support requests.

- Uber knows that:
  1. Only X% of drivers will even notice the missing surge = They retain profits
  2. Uber knows that their support reps time being spent on this are a fraction of the cost of what's being saved by them simply not paying their drivers as agreed. This means they retain more profits
  3. Uber knows lowering support quality will result in drivers not getting their fares corrected. Try calling support about this. You will be put on hold for intervals of two minutes over and over. That is the agent bouncing between calls. Not resolving your issue. You will be disconnected. You'll try again. Uber knows a large portion of the drivers they didn't pay will = give up. Uber retains profits
  4. Uber knows that with the Election / SCOTUS / COVID stories dominate the media and no story will get any attention other than those major news stories. Meaning Uber knows all the complaining in the world by every Uber driver out there won't get a second of coverage by mass media. We are two weeks out from the election. There are BIGGER stories. They face no bad press on this. There is no reason for them to not simply not pay drivers. There's no repercussions. Uber saves millions
  5. Uber knows they will in coming years drivers who've worked years for them- their Diamond drivers 5 Star - Their very best, will quit. This is GOOD for Uber... Why?
  6. By quality declining as top drivers exit and new terrible drivers only remain: It supports their mission to get their AI Autonomous Cars on fast track. Likely getting huge government funding. Big win
  7. Uber is doing what they should do. To reach their goal.

BOTTOM LINE - IF YOU DONT WORKING FOR UBER, DONT. You aren't needed... you are a I relevant and don't matter.

· Premium Member
7,828 Posts
But why post surges if u won't pay them why not just don't put it u kno idk seems like my app is glitched or I'm getting burned they should just have a nother way to talk to somebody besides these damn idiots that answer now
"They should" many things but they WILL NOT .
After a while driving , you'll realize that all the BS about the drivers is ALL part of the plan .
UBER was founded with the purpose to find a way to get rid of "the guy sitting at front ".
His function is the mayor expense the company have and it is in the way to profits .
Typical millennial mentality , " me, me and me , like the world owes me ".
Since their beginning , they have people exclusively trying too find ways to cut driver wages, lower rates because , in their mind " lower fares , are more earning for drivers ".
What they never got is that if you lower so much the fares , driver cannot afford to pay operating cost, and turn a small profit ,driving became a losing proposition .

· Registered
55 Posts
really good run down and how do u know about this
Because its clearly obvious based on exactly on the points I made.

Secondly:

If Uber was the least bit concerned about the welfare and morale and ensuring they retain their so called valuable drivers they would have already AT THE VERY LEAST addressed the issue by simply issuing a corporate memo to drivers through the App like they do all the time about all sorts of other nonsense.

THIS IS HOW HARD IT WOULD BE TO SHOW AN OUNCE OF CONCERN IF UBER HAD ANY:

Dear Valued Driver,

We realize that over the past few days our fare calculation system has in some cases not included surge fees and promotional adjustments correctly.

You work hard giving great service to our customers day in and day out. We know that you count the money you're promised in the App with surges and we want you to know we are working around the clock to correct this issue.

Please rest assured that all of your fares which were not properly calculated will be corrected.

We thank you for continuing to provide exceptional service and we value you as a member of the Uber Team.

We will update you as soon as possible and inform you when the funds are credited to your account.

Best Wishes,

Any CEO with COMMON SENSE or one who didn't have a PSYCHOPATHIC AGENGA

I'm sorry did you get that memo? Cause I certainly didn't. Why?

I've said enough

· Premium Member
Recovering Longhauler
29,821 Posts
Because it keeps drivers on the road to some extent.

You have to view what's happening with the correct optics to understand from a business strategy standpoint Uber is simply doing what's in its best interest.

- Uber knows that not paying surges will result in increased support requests.

- Uber knows that:
  1. Only X% of drivers will even notice the missing surge = They retain profits
  2. Uber knows that their support reps time being spent on this are a fraction of the cost of what's being saved by them simply not paying their drivers as agreed. This means they retain more profits
  3. Uber knows lowering support quality will result in drivers not getting their fares corrected. Try calling support about this. You will be put on hold for intervals of two minutes over and over. That is the agent bouncing between calls. Not resolving your issue. You will be disconnected. You'll try again. Uber knows a large portion of the drivers they didn't pay will = give up. Uber retains profits
  4. Uber knows that with the Election / SCOTUS / COVID stories dominate the media and no story will get any attention other than those major news stories. Meaning Uber knows all the complaining in the world by every Uber driver out there won't get a second of coverage by mass media. We are two weeks out from the election. There are BIGGER stories. They face no bad press on this. There is no reason for them to not simply not pay drivers. There's no repercussions. Uber saves millions
  5. Uber knows they will in coming years drivers who've worked years for them- their Diamond drivers 5 Star - Their very best, will quit. This is GOOD for Uber... Why?
  6. By quality declining as top drivers exit and new terrible drivers only remain: It supports their mission to get their AI Autonomous Cars on fast track. Likely getting huge government funding. Big win
  7. Uber is doing what they should do. To reach their goal.

BOTTOM LINE - IF YOU DONT WORKING FOR UBER, DONT. You aren't needed... you are a I relevant and don't matter.
Spot on. I think #1-3 are the primary reason.

For those getting screwed out of Surge, might I suggest Shuffling to make yourself whole?

Shuffle to get what you're owed, then Shuffle that amount again as Uber's penance.

· Registered
4 Posts
This has been happening to me for the last two weeks on every order Iv called support they just hang up or act like they can't hear me n hang up I really need some advice on who to speak to about this surge problem I deserve to get paid was I was told I would.............plz help
This started happening to me last Tuesday. At first the surge amount would change to a multiplier (1x..) and I would get less money. Now it doesn't give you anything once you accept the next trip. I've called diamond support more this week than I ever have. I just take a screenshot of the surge amount and send it support.

· Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Surges that mysteriously disappear when the trip clearly showed it and (my personal favorite) being on a consecutive trip run, and at the end of the trip the counter still saying 1 of 3 or 2 of 3. I've had that happen several times and the bonus on those won't post until you get the 3rd one in. Friday morning I went online thinking of doing a 30 trip quest this weekend. Yeah I went online at 4:30am and logged off when, according to the trips I counted, I had 8 trips in but the counter was still showing 5. I waited until later and it STILL was only counting 5 toward the quest. So when I went out I had a good time and didn't think about turning the app back on since I was out driving around midnight. I just went home. Haven't turned it on since.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.