Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been having this problem? This week...since the app update, I've had 2 Rider No-Shows.....canceled AFTER 5 minutes....NO $5 Cancellation Fee put into my account.

ALSO, I had one Rider Cancel AFTER 5 minutes of me being en-route (he called asking if I would/could take 5 people) and I was NOT paid $5 for that yet either!

I've reported all 3 via the Driver's App....and one CSR has emailed me back about the first one, asking for the TRIP ID for the first NO SHOW. (If you contact them via the Driver App for THAT specific trip...why don't they already KNOW the TRIP ID?)

That was FRIDAY.....my money is STILL not in my account. Since then, the other 2 happened last night.....STILL not in my account.

Is this going to be a NEW WAY Uber is going to rip us off? :mad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you looking in your phone or on your dashboard? The cancellation that had 5 riders, do you see the $0 cancelled trip in your log?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you go thru the help menu in the app to get an adjustment? As long as you're clicking "need help" in the trip that you're wanting adjusted, the email support should easily be able to fix it. If you don't get results that way, your best bet is to go to the office.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Hey LEAFdriver, I just got paid the cancellation fee. It's on my trip log. According to support, rider requested cancellation refund. I waited on his drunk a** for 9 mins outside a bar on a busy road with no parking space.

Uber support response:

With regards to trip, it seems that your rider asked for a cancellation fee refund but no worries, I've gone ahead and compensated you $5.00 for the time and gas wasted. Rest assured that you'll be paid for this cancelled trip.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In my case, when I sent message to Uber support by clicking 'Need Help' button to explain such as I've waited apprx.10 minutes, PAX no show nor replying text and not answering the phone. Out of 3 times so far, I recieved $5 and one I didn't. Uber support saying "Thanks for reaching out. I’m really sorry this pick up was so difficult. That’s not the experience we want our partners to have."
So I guess it depends on who you talk to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you cancelling the trip or are you starting and ending before the rider is in the car? The $5 is automatically assessed if you cancel the trip as the rider was a no show. You must wait five full minutes after pressing arrived, and it's best to call our text them before you cancel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have to hit arrived before you cancel? I thought you have to wait until the rider gets in the car to hit arrived...

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Email I just rec'd an hour ago: (concerning 2 no-shows from last Friday)
------------------------------------------------------------

Hi *****,

So sorry for the delayed response. I know that you expect to get fast responses from us and really sorry if we missed on that.

No worries though because I've gone ahead and had these trips compensated for the cancellation fees. You can see it in your partner account.

Just a friendly reminder, after pressing "arrived" on your application, please make sure you wait more than 5 minutes at the pickup location before cancelling so that the cancellation fee will apply automatically.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Best,
-----------------------------------------------------------

Problem is: It's STILL NOT IN MY ACCOUNT like the email said! :confused: I emailed them back again to bring this to their attention. It will probably be 4 more days before I hear back.

On the bright side, in my last email before the one up above....I specifically asked for an apology for all the time wasted and emailing back and forth I've had to do (which still isn't finished with yet apparently) and I actually GOT an apology! :eek: I didn't think that word was IN Uber's vocabulary! o_O

Also, obviously the 'friendly reminder' is actually USELESS. I did exactly that....and my no-show fees still did not automatically appear in my account. That was the whole issue!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts